In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shot well tonight

WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,854 ✭✭✭✭

Got through a TX Star with no issues & had good movement through the night.

Comments

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,129 ******
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,770 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks fun!  Those stars can really trip you up if you're not careful.  
    In the second video towards the end of the run you do a reload.  Just prior to the mag dropping you reach over with your weak hand and do something to the gun.  What was that?  Almost looked like the mag was stuck or something. 
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,854 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

@NeoBlackdog

Good eye! There was alot of discussion after the fact on that!

1) Ppl thought I should have stopped (potential squib)

2) ppl thought keep shooting until you know you have a malfunction

3) Do what I did.

If you watch the video with the volume on you can actually hear the shot before the reload was very light. I could see I hit the target, so I knew I did not have a squib. I chose to clear the gun & change mags because I wasn’t certain I had gone fully into battery and I was basically trying to avoid full “disaster factor” the next 2 shots although hard to see are 2 head shots at 20 yards. Fairly technical shots at the end of a stage.

So something wasn’t right - I reset everything and got 2 Alphas on the head shots.

I deliberately gave up some time trying to avoid a 2x Miss No-Shoot.

I guess a pro would have waited until they knew they had a malfunction & the squad was kind of split on if I made the best choice or not.

me personally I will always get my hits and add speed 2nd.

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with you Warbirds.  Best to clear a possible issue rather than let it progress and shut you down.  It's a little hard to win a gun fight when your gun don't run.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    Warbirds said:

@NeoBlackdog

Good eye! There was alot of discussion after the fact on that!

1) Ppl thought I should have stopped (potential squib)

2) ppl thought keep shooting until you know you have a malfunction

3) Do what I did.

If you watch the video with the volume on you can actually hear the shot before the reload was very light. I could see I hit the target, so I knew I did not have a squib. I chose to clear the gun & change mags because I wasn’t certain I had gone fully into battery and I was basically trying to avoid full “disaster factor” the next 2 shots although hard to see are 2 head shots at 20 yards. Fairly technical shots at the end of a stage.

So something wasn’t right - I reset everything and got 2 Alphas on the head shots.

I deliberately gave up some time trying to avoid a 2x Miss No-Shoot.

I guess a pro would have waited until they knew they had a malfunction & the squad was kind of split on if I made the best choice or not.

me personally I will always get my hits and add speed 2nd.

I think you made the right choice.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain