In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

heading out for a little shopping,,???

hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭
any of you all use suspenders???  having my hip replaced tuesday got to thinking about my belt rubbing the insision area when I get home and wondered about a pair of suspenders. for you all who use em good ones, bad ones any special features????

Comments

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Duluth Trading Co. Makes a couple really well made ones.

Best of Luck in your Surgery and it's outcome Brother. Will be thinking about you.

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    Most of the guys I have seen in suspenders also wear belts.  Pretty conservative guys I guess. Probably had backups in their boots.  Might depend upon where the incision is, I gather there are different approaches so to speak.  You might check with Wundudnee before you buy, he's had it done a few times.
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    Some are better than others.  With short time until surgery I would get a set of work wear suspenders.  There should be a local place to pick up Carhart or Dickies brands, they've always worked good for me.  You can always shop around or order some later if you want something else.
  • Options
    SCOUT5 said:
    Some are better than others.  With short time until surgery I would get a set of work wear suspenders.  
    sort of my thinking, we have a tractor supply, rural king and a workingmans store. susposedly there is only 2 week recovery, then about 4-6 of therapy, so should only need them for month or so unless end up liking them better than belt then guess can get better set.  thanks all
  • Options
    Merlinnv12Merlinnv12 Member Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭✭

Bib overalls worked for me. You can use them later for grubby work too. You might not want to wear them to the opera though!

“What we’ve got here, is, failure to communicate.”
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,199 ******
    I never noticed any problems with a belt with my replacement surgeries. 
    The scar area was lower than that. 
    Plus, I stayed in sweat pants for the first few weeks for the most part. 
    Good luck to you. 
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited January 2020
    My experience with suspenders suggests that if you have the joint on your back as high as possible they will fall off your shoulders less often.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    some are made to snap on the side more instead of front ....look like a lot better deal ...Duluth ???  cant remember where
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Not there yet but someday
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I never noticed any problems with a belt with my replacement surgeries. 
    The scar area was lower than that. 
    Plus, I stayed in sweat pants for the first few weeks for the most part. 
    Good luck to you. 
     I wondered about that chief, I have no butt to speak of and just  wondered if jeans would rub...
    after my bypass I got used to the silky hawain shirts because they didn't seem to rub incesion as bad as any other shirt
    ended up with pair of soft almost neoprene type material, just over ten bucks so no big deal, will see how like em/they work before get anything else....
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    Do you know why firemen wear red suspenders?
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,714 ******
    Uh, to keep their pants from falling off?
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    The obvious escapes some people but jimdeere nailed it.

When I was heavier (rounder -- make that "less defined waist") and carried a 44 magnum I wore suspenders and a belt.
    I found them comfortable but sometimes a pain putting them on and off my pants.  I usually wore them under my shirt.
    The clip-ons will fit everything from dress pants to sweat pants.
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    notnownotnow Member Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭
    I did what the chief said. Sweat pants. Regular pants or jeans are a bit restrictive. You won't want that. I had my left hip done. Now my left leg is noticeably longer than my right. Maybe a half inch. I mentioned it to the surgeon. He got that "busted" look on his face. He didn't know what to say.  Good Luck.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭

You might not want to wear them to the opera though!

What do you mean? I've seen lots of people wearing them at the Grand Ole Opry. You can't get anymore highfalutin than that. 
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,074 ******
    ...don't know anything bout spenders,,,but I sure wish you the best.
  • Options
    Merlinnv12Merlinnv12 Member Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭✭

You might not want to wear them to the opera though!

What do you mean? I've seen lots of people wearing them at the Grand Ole Opry. You can't get anymore highfalutin than that. 
    You have a point.
     I stand corrected!

“What we’ve got here, is, failure to communicate.”