In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Stolen Valor

Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,500 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in General Discussion
Just noticed that the 'Ancient Membership' badge has been re-named 'Founding Member'.

As I joined in 2005, I am certainly not a founding member, and apologize to any of you founding members who feel cheapened by this error in labeling.
Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele

Comments

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,418 ******
    All I can say Don, is someone up there likes you! :D
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
     dues for founding member are double the ancient members, sorry Don............guess you got bumped into a higher badge bracket
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    This is yet another of the nonsensical awards which has no rhyme or reason. Some members have been tagged as "ancient" who joined the forum as late a 2009, while others who have been here earlier don't have it. There is no explanation. I actually contacted Vanilla (whose forum software we are using), explained that I was a forum administrator, and that I need a user manual so that I could understand what any of the stuff actually meant. Instead of telling me how the forum worked, they tried to get me to start up my own forum, and i'm still getting SPAM from them which I can't seem to stop. 

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
     can't you just poof em mark?????
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭
    It seems to be designed by youngsters who value things such as "likes" and "friends" and "follows" but which have absolutely no value or validity. In other words, Facebook slaves. There are far more important things in a boomer's life.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    I will admit that a few of the features are welcome, including the LOL and "like" buttons. They save the trouble of posting +1 or LOL. The disagree button might cut down on some fighting, but since many of our members consider flaming other members a pastime, that remains to be seen. As I mentioned to GB Marketing, we have twice the number of features we can use, but only half of those which we need. 
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,818 ✭✭✭✭

Not really a big deal, but I joined the forum right after GB came into its own under a different user ID because I lived in a different state. I don't remember how many posts I made but it was few and at that time the forums had few members and little interest so I quit.

It was Nunn that introduced me about GB when it first started back in 1999. I remember both of us having doubt GB would even survive, but it did and later prospered. Mainly because the other sites went anti-gun. GB has quite an interesting success story.

I was quite skeptical about buying on line since we had plenty of gun shows and pawn shops to look for stuff, however with the security standards improved and other safety measures for buying on line such as credit cards and money orders, I buy on line all the time.

I agree 100% with Don McManus and Rocky.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    JohnEReb said:
    Stolen Valor only applies if you use your badge for financial gain. So as long as you don't go to Denny's telling them you're a Founding Member of the Gun Broker Forum and want a free Grand Slam, don't worry about it.
    :)

Thank you. I will sleep better tonight. :)
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Cripe.. I was waiting on a transaction on the other side to use them.
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,714 ******
    Remember when all we had to complain about was double postings?
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,916 ✭✭✭✭
    Badges, Badges, we ain't got no stinking Badges B)
  • Options
    chmechme Member Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    jimdeere said:
    That issue seems to have cleared up, or the members who were consistent doublers (if that is a word) haven't made the transition  to this forum. I tried five different web browsers, as well as my phone, and I could never duplicate it. 
  • Options
    jimdeere said:

I still see it. No getting away from it I guess.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    chme said:

Great pic...

• Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,444 ✭✭✭✭
    chme, I once had a girlfriend, a gymnast,  that could strike that pose.  Darn, I miss that girl!
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,500 ✭✭✭✭
    hillbille said:
     dues for founding member are double the ancient members, sorry Don............guess you got bumped into a higher badge bracket
    I would gladly pay 30 times the ancient member dues to be a founding member, hillbillie. 
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    hillbille said:
    I would gladly pay 30 times the ancient member dues to be a founding member, hillbillie. 

Don't be such a cheapskate Don. Surely you can put up 50 with all your clout.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    No Sale.. insert green font