In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.Add yours

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,635 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2021 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2020
    In my original Glock 44 thread I was asked how the trigger pull was and how hard it was to load the magazine.....I gave the following answer....
    'The trigger seems the same as my other Glocks.  The magazine has little tabs on both sides to pull down while loading...Very easy to load....I will know more about the trigger pull when I hit the range this week with it ,,,"

What was your experience with these items to hit the disagree....Not being a jerk, I just would like to hear your experience with the G44...I have other friends looking at buying one and diverse opinions offer different points of view...

• Options
    IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭

I have no range time with one but have held a number in them and to me they feel like a toy.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    I am hearing of problems with this pistol firing out of battery. The latest was an upload from the Military Arms Channel.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    I've also seen a number of reports of cracked slides. Looks like this pistol has issues.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a 22LR Advantage Arms conversion slide for my Gen3 G19. The slide is very light weight and it too feels like a toy when combined with a Glock frame. Loading the mag requires a tool as there are no tabs on the mag. AA had some high cap mags that were completely unreliable. I of course bought 2 of them - garbage. I finally bought 2 more 10rd mags earlier last year but haven't gotten around to shooting the conversion. My AA conversion works perfectly with bulk Remington Golden Bullets. 

Find I'd rather shoot one of my 22LR revolvers than fuss around with loading 22LR mags. I can fill a shirt pocket with a large handful of 22LR and have more fun shooting my revolvers (single action Colt Frontier Scout and DA/SA S&W).

I'm not really inclined to buy a Glock 44. Would be redundant. If I were a Glock collector, I'm sure I'd have to have one. I could see buying a Ruger Wrangler instead. Even though I already have the Colt.
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    Our gunsmith is investigating cracked slide / defect on the one we have for rent as well as two NIB units....  will let you know what we see.
  • Options
    CaptFun said:
    Our gunsmith is investigating cracked slide / defect on the one we have for rent as well as two NIB units....  will let you know what we see.
    I look forward to hearing the outcome of this situation......
  • Options
    I am hearing of problems with this pistol firing out of battery. The latest was an upload from the Military Arms Channel.
    I have seen a video on youtube where a range trip goes bad.....I will be looking at the other information out there...thanks for the other heads up...
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    I saw this on another forum

IMG
    Glock 44 the extractor blew in the guys face and the slide cracked.  This was in about 50 rounds of Winchester 22lr ammo barrel was not obstructed.
    RLTW

• Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I've also seen a number of reports of cracked slides. Looks like this pistol has issues.
    I saw a picture of one on FB with a cracked slide. 
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭
    CaptFun said:
    Keep us posted, was considering one, but reports of slide cracks are scary.
  • Options
    I was checking over on another website (yes there are a few others out there :o )….Nothing so far on there of issues with the G44...discussion of replacement sights and how many rounds they have shot so far...

I have seen enough proof there are some bad ones out there.  I hope Glock addresses the issue soon...
  • Options
    Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    OK : 
    I want one : am going to wait a bit ?
    The 22tcm is an interesting caliber ! Maybe one of those @ some time also !!!
    Thanks !!! 
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    The vertical line at the rear of the ejection port in Shilowar's picture is apparently part of the injection mold. It is on every new one we have received (there is a matching line at the front of the ejection port)   We continue to keep a close eye on the rental one but so far no  cracking posterior to the ejection port.  

It is a popular rental and we have trouble keeping them in stock.  Sold the last one today.  More arriving on Monday. 
  • Options
    CaptFun said:
    The vertical line at the rear of the ejection port in Shilowar's picture is apparently part of the injection mold. It is on every new one we have received (there is a matching line at the front of the ejection port)   We continue to keep a close eye on the rental one but so far no  cracking posterior to the ejection port.  

It is a popular rental and we have trouble keeping them in stock.  Sold the last one today.  More arriving on Monday. 
    Thank you for the update.  
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Update......