In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Darn Yahoo Home Page

cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,444 ✭✭✭✭
I'm running Firefox and have Yahoo as my home page.  I get these topics as "celebrity", "lifestyle", "entertainment", and others.  There are 3 dots on their post that let me click to "see less from ---".  That doesn't help.  I don't want to see any.  Can this be done or do I need a different home page?  If so, what do you suggest?  Yes, I have this double space issue also but that's for a different day.
Thanks guys,
It's too late for me, save yourself.

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    I also have Yahoo as my homepage using IE, FireFox and Chrome. You can manage the views on Yahoo between News, Finance, Sports, Entertainment, Lifestyle and Weather, but it isn't possible (as far as I know) to have a blank page with just a link to your email
    • By the way, you don't seem to have a double space issue- or at least I can't see it.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,422 ***** Forums Admin
    Gunbroker forums is my homepage.
  • Options
    papernickerpapernicker Member Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭
    just make the mail the homepage. Yahoo is great till they delete everything
  • Options
    OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭
    Yahoo sucks big air.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    No problems with it
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭
    On Firefox, you can change the start page(s) to whatever you like. I use Google specifically because it doesn't have all kinds of stuff going on. https://www.google.com/

If you don't have the "File, edit, view, history" showing across the top, then hit your alt key to show it temporarily. Then, you can go to Tools, then Options. Or, click on the three parallel horizontal lines on the right side of the page, and choose Options. Then, from there, on the left side of the page, click Home. In the "Homepage and new Windows" section, you can change the start page(s) as desired. Yes, you can have more than one page open every time you open Firefox. This is very handy for me at work (in I.T.) because I always have to have a lot of my monitoring sites open. I have 13 pages that load every time.

Unrelated, but I also uncheck everything under "Firefox home Content". Also, unrelated, but I then go to Search on the left side of the page and take out all but the desired search engine. If you are like me and don't like all the ads, particularly the flashy/scrolly ones, I always add these add-ins: "AdBlock Plus", "Ublock Origin", and sometimes another one called "Privacy Possum". If you want to add these, or other ad or tracking blocker, again go to Tools, then Add-ons.

Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭
    I have Fox News as my homepage. 
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭
    I long ago switched mt homepage to https://besthomepageever.com/
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.