In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

this impeachment hearing.......

hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
 has one good idea, make everyone of the senators/congressmen sit at their desk ALL THE TIME SOMEONE IS SPEAKING ON THE FLOOR!!!!!!  would cut down on a lot of the longwinded BS speaches from both sides, give one of the senate aids a cattle * for anyone who goes to sleep, you could rotate through them so they don't have to listen everyday, put porta potty on each side of room. still doubt much would get done, but at least the aids could get even for the years of abuse.........

Comments

• Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    Total BS I can't believe the air time one side gets over the other,. And personally the spineless GOP should have treated this the same way the Dems did in the house and railroaded it out
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Just about over. Dems last day to repeat everything again and again and again. Sat. Rep. three day event and the Dems have to listen. My guess the Rep. will not take evidence the Dems supply because it wasn't legal the way they obtained it. Whole witch hunt will be over Monday .
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭
    Just about over. Dems last day to repeat everything again and again and again. Sat. Rep. three day event and the Dems have to listen. My guess the Rep. will not take evidence the Dems supply because it wasn't legal the way they obtained it. Whole witch hunt will be over Monday .
    Not a normal trial so I think they could accept evidence no matter how collected. If they had any real evidence or an indication of a real impeachable offense then it would have come out in the house hearings. The Dems don't really want to have any more testimony as they can't control the outcome. They could have gone to court to over rule Trumps executive privilege, but then couldn't control the testimony. This way they can use innuendo and out right lies to influence the next election with this farce. Nothing will change. The number of people who support or oppose Trump will probably stay the same. I think we need to worry more about the senate races this year than the POTUS election. Bob

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭
    The problem with bullsheeit, is you can't avoid it and it always stinks.  
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    I am beginning to understand that it would have been fine to request an investigation into potential corruption of an ex-Vice President if that person was not a current candidate for President.  Ergo, the act itself was not illegal or impeachable, rather the assumed motive behind the act is what is being considered an impeachable offense. 

This suggests that running for President is a shield against investigation of past actions when those actions were taken as an official of the US Government.  A dangerous precedent to set, one would think.    
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,669 ******
    The precedent has already been set. In the future, if a Democrat controlled House doesn’t like the Republican president, they will claim malfeasance and impeach.
    That is your slippery slope.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,334 ******
    If the dems don't have even the likes of Alan Dershowitz on their side, they must have exactly nothing.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    jimdeere said:
    The precedent has already been set. In the future, if a Democrat controlled House doesn’t like the Republican president, they will claim malfeasance and impeach.
    That is your slippery slope.
    I doubt this impeachment would be happening had the GOP lead house not impeached Clinton. 

An Special Prosecutor who was charged with investigating a corrupt land deal ended upon exploring the sexual dalliances of the President.  Clinton committed perjury regarding his sexual dalliances.  A law was broken.  He was proven to be a lying snake; something the average American already knew.  Some parallels to the current debacle in how the original presumed offense eventually was bypassed and replaced with something else.

No future President is safe with the current infantile partisanship that is displayed by both parties.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    should be a hunting season on lawyers and politicians.....with a large bag limit
  • Options
    JasonVJasonV Member Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭
    I have been watching and in my opinion (which is worth nothing) the POTUS Defense is showing the Democrats to look like fools.
    formerly known as warpig883
  • Options
    truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭✭
    Unless something big happens, like American Revolution #2, I'm afraid that any future non-demoncrat elected to the presidency will be immediately impeached. If Trump gets re-elected you can bet this entire sad process will be repeated again.