In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Watching my son doing it the hard way, lord have mercy!!

dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭✭
My 20 year old son stops by our house most days.  I wish I could say he stops to see his dear old Dad but I know he stops to see his Mom and see what's to eat.  I get that, Hot Momma is a REALLY, REALLY good cook!!  
Being 73 and knowing Uri will probably be home sometime during the day I will have a couple of things for him to do when he gets here.  Ya gotta pay for food somehow! :)  So today I had 6 fifty lb bags of rabbit pellets in the backseat of my car.  Uri got here and I told him to put the pellets in the detached garage.  I went back into the house thinking he would drive the car to the garage.  Nope.  That boy don't do anything the easy way!!  I look out the kitchen window and there he is, three bags of pellets on one shoulder running up the hill to the garage!  He than runs down the hill grabs the other three bags and runs up the hill again.  He comes into the house and I ask him why he didn't drive the car out to the garage??  His answer, "It was quicker the way I did it."  

Youth is a wonderful thing! :)

Comments

• Options
    bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    Workin' up an appetite for them vittles  :)
  • Options
    redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,687 ✭✭✭✭
    Hauling feed bags is a great way to stay in shape. Don't ask me how I know.
  • Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭✭
    He has to be an animal to carry 3 50 pound bags on top of each other up a hill while running?
  • Options
    Few men on this Forum could have participated in as many kinky/perverted/disgusting things as I did in the 70s/80s/ but even I never even considered trying doing it standing up in a hammock. >:)  
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    Ya got a good kid don;t knock it LOL good for you the boy carried em some kids today would tell a parent to F off, Good job parents
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    The smartest thing I ever did with Uri was put him into a private Christian School!  Uri was a whole lot of boy, the public schools could not seem to provide the discipline he needed.  Uri went to private school starting in the 6th grade.  The change was dramatic.  In public school, being bad was cool.  In a private Christian School, misbehaving was looked down upon.  Change??  OMG yes!  One week in the Christian School, totally different boy.  Uri has thanked me many times for putting him in private school.  Uri has informed me he wants 3 or 4 kids but has already told me they will be in a Christian School from K to graduation!
    Uri is also responsible.  He knows that putting 3 or 4 (This is not taking into account 1 or 2 OOPS!!)   kids into private school will not be cheap so he is looking at trying to have a serious income.   

To be 73 and have a son like Uri, is the reason I thank the Lord every day for what He has blessed me with. 

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,264 ✭✭✭✭
    He carried 150 pounds up the hill, and quickly?   He is a hell of a strong man.  

• Options
    Yes, Uri is very strong but he all to often fits the stereotype of strong back, weak mind. :D  I have been warning him that his "feats of strength" just might catchup with him one of these days.  I have tried to explain to him just how bad blowing out a disc in his back will be.  Uri is a really great kid but at age 20 he listens to me just like most of you listened to your fathers when you were 20!
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭✭
    Tell him the story of the young bull and the old bull.------Lets walk down there an do them all.
  • Options
    mrs102mrs102 Member Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭
    I didn't have any kids when I was in my 50's, and probably not many here who have,  Sounds like he inherited good genes though.