In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How is everyone's Saturday going ??? Any big plans or are you all snowed in ??

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,636 ✭✭✭✭
We have been almost snowed in the last couple of days...it actually  was just not worth heading out and dealing with the rookies driving on ice and snow....Early today I headed to church for the men's study breakfast.  Waffles,
sausage, eggs and fruit and lots of hot coffee.  A lively discussion and good fellowship was enjoyed by all.

Came home and listened to "Gary on Guns" which is a program every Saturday from 8 to 10 a.m.   Interesting discussion of new gun related bills both pro and con in the MO legislative session.   Walked three miles and then lifted weights/sit ups/push ups.  Spent 10 minutes on an exercise ball working on my core....

Now I am in the process of putting a new scope on my Christmas present and looking at listing a few odds and ends on the auction side....Tonight I am taking my Bride out for supper and then to a "Trivia Night" put on by the local Historical Society.   It is usually a fun night....

So how are you spending the day ????

Comments

• Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm batching it as my wife went to Charleston for the weekend.  I just called her and she was walking on the beach!  I sorted through my clothes looking for clothes to take to the Jump Start program.  Our church is very active in the Jump Start program.  I took trash to the trash place then decided to try the Eggs Up Grill.  Probably my one and only time there.  I felt it was a little pricy for what I got, and I wasn't real impressed with the food so not much of a reason to go again.  Came home, played with Bella and Lola my two Border Collies and am getting ready to go out and start on my bunny chores.  I'm up to 24 breeding does so it takes me a while. 
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭✭
    I should have added that it is a pretty sunny day here but the temp is only in the 50s. 
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Cold, windy, rainy mixed with snow here.

Feeding the woodstove, and doing some woodstove cooking. Smoked Kielbasa with some high end Sauerkraut in a large cast iron skillet, covered.

Finished the dogs with brown mustard and diced onion just a bit ago. Mmnnn good. ..........................

• Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭✭
    Repairing an oak interior door for a lady remodeling the old Elks Lodge.
    Advising a guy on some electrical issues.
    Rental at The Armory later this afternoon.  Info on "The Armory" http://www.ariseatlantic.org/american-legion-memorial-building/
    Will unload the antique windows from my pickup sitting at The Armory now, but will move them to the Baggage Room in The Depot.  Info on The Depot http://www.ariseatlantic.org/rock-island-railroad-depot/
    Working on CAD drawings and material lists of the bar at the New Elks Lodge.
    Been at my day since 5:00 this morning and looking forward to "end of day".
    - and - No, I am not an Elk.  ;)

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,714 ******

Went to a gun show in Salem, Virginia. Bought 2000 primers and some ammo. I got in free by re-uping my VCDL membership.

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭
    We were fogged in until a few minutes ago. No out of the house plans for today. Tinkering with some fishing stuff, put up a broom rack for SWMBO, and watched a fishing show on TV. Further exploring my Linux Mint conversion from Win 10. Looking forward to a tumbler of Monkey Shoulder Scotch later on, then mystery shows on PBS.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭
    Sunny now but it was raining cats and dogs this morning.   Temps in the mid 40's.   I went on a grocery/lumber yard run this morning but got sidetracked by a plate of biscuits and gravy at a local eatery.  Got the groceries and lumber home and put away and then started putting up interior door trim.  So far I've done three and hope to get another couple this afternoon.    I'll be glad to be done with this place so I can relax some prior to having to start the Montana house. 
  • Options
    Cling2mygunsCling2myguns Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭
    Cold and gray here. Good day to start doing tax returns for 2018. Fun.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Weather is nice here in NC.  I just got back from GA visiting my Dad.  They got a lot of Rain and it was cold there.

I may go golfing Sunday.  Or I might wash the dogs.
    RLTW

• Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Rain, Rain and more Rain here in Monroe,NY. Snow is all gone now.
  • Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭
    40's here in Arkansas  watching The Patriot
  • Options
    BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

Sprinkles early this morning. Changed to light snow while at breakfast with a friend and my grandson. Not many at the trap range and the grandson shot 75 shells (20ga) getting better. First time I let the trap oscillate for him.

This afternoon we played board games with him and his little sister. Not a bad day.

• Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭
    Picked up a nail in a tire yesterday evening. A slow leak, so I waited until this AM to get it repaired. Found out it had damaged the sidewall (16 penny nail), so ended up buying 2 tires. The rear tires had 70K+ miles on them, so no question about replacing them. I'm retired from Cooper Tire, we get a 20% discount, so the pair cost $320 tax and all. 
    That's how my morning went. This evening, I fried up some venison steaks, made gravy, mashed potatoes, whole kernel corn, and washed it down with iced tea.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,074 ******
    Snowed in??  Hardly.  Was in the 40's today.  Had windows open and thermostat set way low.  Was nice to air out the house.  Denise fried up catfish for dinner with French fries and cole slaw.  Was a good day,thank you.  Hope you all had a good one.
  • Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Cling2myguns- You are starting on your 2018 taxes? Isn't it a little late for that or have I been doing mine too early?