In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Any of you guys bought any baby furniture lately

austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,992 ✭✭✭✭
Our first grandchild is due in April so we are turning one of the guest bedrooms into a nursery.  Wifey took me shopping today, wow how things have changed,  first off baby furniture is expense.
Second, baby monitors have changed a bunch, when our kind were little they were just one way receivers, now they are two way audio, with  the camera you can pan left/right,  up/down and zoom in and out. Some have a remote with a screen about the size of a smart phone, some of them you can connect to your smart phone via an app.  
All this new stuff is really cool.

Comments

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,582 ✭✭✭✭
      have not been in the market for any kid stuff for 25 to 30 years 
     so much has changed over the years when I was born the hospital I was born in  just put  me in a  chest drawer in my moms hospital room 
     wife and I were  hoping by now to be buying things for grand kids just having some would be great  .  the way its going I will so damn old to enjoy any grand kids Like I hoped too ,  possibly may be  dead  before any come along 
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    Be sure to check all chests in the house.  They may have to be secured to the wall to prevent tipping over.
    Most kitchen ranges come with a bracket or wire to secure them to the wall for the same reason.
    And, check CPSC website for recalls & warnings; e.g., do not use crib bumpers.
    Kids can't be replaced.
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭
    All that stuff is pretty cool but not worth having more kids for. :)
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,686 ✭✭✭✭
    My daughter got a nice set of furniture from Buy Buy Baby.   Its VERY well built and the bed converts over to the toddler bed and later the ends become the headboard and footboard of a twin size bed....so it will be something that will not be replaced anytime soon.     The dresser has this thing on top that makes it a changing table and comes off so it is a standard dresser when you don't need the whole diaper station ordeal.

https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/product/kingsley-venetian-nursery-furniture-collection-in-driftwood/224089?keyword=furniture

This is similar to her set and its less than $600 for the entire set....which is a great deal.    I'd rather spend a bit and not have to ever buy another one.    We got just the bed for our house because the bedroom we put it in is the spare bedroom for whenever the kids come over and we need to keep the queen size bed in there for when that happens.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,992 ✭✭✭✭
    My son and his wife got all of their nursery furniture from Buy Buy Baby and I think that is where my wife is going to end up buying our nursery furniture as well.  She really liked what we saw yesterday.  
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,686 ✭✭✭✭
    My daughter is very happy with what they bought and I have no complaints about the piece that we got for our house from there.    John was born in June....so he is 19 months old and can climb out of his crib now, so you are in the crib for less than 2 years.   I had a hand me down thing given to us from a relative, but it had teeth marks on it where some child had gnawed on it and I couldn't get past that and had to buy a new thing.   Not knowing if we will ever have other grandkids and the various ages they might be is the only thing keeping me from turning this extra room of ours into "John's" room.    I'm trying to keep it pretty neutral so anyone can use it.  
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com