In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

lowest price in long time.....

hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
 ran out to local tractor/gun shop across river in ohio today, they used to carry a big variety of reloading supplies and I needed some 8mm bullets.  seems they have cut back to less than 4 feet of bullets, used to have about 20 and almost anything and any grain you needed. they claimed the fellow who used to take care of it knew a lot about reloading and since he left no one else know much about it.  I thought how hard is it to reorder what is low????  well on my way out noticed a stack of 22 bricks in center of aisle, had 6-8 different brands most still in 30-40 dollar range, on end they had remingtons for 14.99 per 500, didn't really need em but got 2 boxes, haven't seen em that cheap in years..........

Comments

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,960 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    That seems tooooo much for rem to me, I will pay ,  no I won't even carry that crap home free.   In fact send me an addy and I will send you some gooder stuff.  Happy Birthday!
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,800 ✭✭✭✭
    He Dog said:
    That seems tooooo much for rem to me, I will pay ,  no I won't even carry that crap home free.   In fact send me an addy and I will send you some gooder stuff.  Happy Birthday!

Yep
     Rem Thunderbolt is absolutely the worst 22 ammo I know of. Accuracy sucks and you will always have at least 5 in a box of 50 that will FTF or jam. 

I was able to trade away mine when it became impossible to find 22 ammo under a DEMOCRAT POTUS for several cans powder. 

• Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    dealer near my lake place several years ago bought a truckload of remmy thunderduds ..had so many complaints he sent them all back
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
     they are  yellowjackets, and for less than half price, grandkids won't mind a few duds.......
    and Hedog my birthday was last week
     my bad, it doesn't say yellowjackets, or thunderbolts, just remmington and 525 bonus pack guess they are the same though

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    If I could buy Yellow Jackets for 14.99 a brick. I would happily, buy a couple of cases at least. Was shooting some last week. It was a brick, of new old stock, that I got off a table at a local show. They are really hot, hyper velocity, flat nose .22's. Always have been, the most expensive of the Remington rimfire ammo.
    Most of the Remington rimfire ammo, i see for sale are the Golden bullets. They aren't nearly the quality of the Yellow Jackets though.
    I agree with the other guys regarding the Thunderbolts. Poor quality, crappy stuff! Have had them foul my barrels so badly, couldn't even clean the barrels with a brass bore brush. Had to use a stainless steel one.
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭
    I stay away from most Rem 22s. I have still have a couple of the 525 Golden bullet bulk packs that I got probably 15 years ago for $8.99 when Bass Pro had them on sale. Tried a few and mediocre at best. Buying 22 ammo is a sickness as I still find it hard to resist a good deal even though I have more than I'll ever use. I am a little more choosy now than I used to be. I was in a Dunhams the other day while Judy was shopping at the fabric store next door. Don't like Dunhams but they had shelves of 22 ammo at good but not great prices. Didn't buy any but glad to see so many for sale. Bob
  • Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭
    Remington 22LR=poor quality. Shoot some through a chronograph and you will see up to 100fps variation. I finally gave up and now refuse to buy anything but CCI Minimags, they were the most consistent velocity-wise and accuracy-wise out of at least 6 or 8 brands/types we tested. (not counting the ultra high priced target ammo)
  • Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭✭
    Lead prices are getting crazy!  25 pound bag of shot here is $42