In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Boogaloo took a different meaning

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭
I was driving to Winchell's for donuts earlier this morning since I got some bacon. Maple Bar and bacon sandwich. Yes I know that's not a bad way to go. Anyways I had the local "Lefty" NPR on (got to know what the enemy is chattering about). So they're yapping about Virgina "Boogaloo(sp?)" about that's where the second civil war is gonna come from. Now me when I hear the word "Boogaloo(sp?)" I think dancing. Way back when and up to "Electric Boogaloo" and not Civil War. So what did I miss?

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    Virginia being one of the original 13 colonies to go for freedom, may have to fight for it again  ????
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    Virginia being one of the original 13 colonies to go for freedom, may have to fight for it again  ????
    It's becoming really bad here.  Some of the legislation that is being considered are direct infringements on the First Amendment and the Second Amendment.  They are taking parental rights away, especially on this "transgender" homosexual agenda front.   It is really crazy, and they keep pushing, and pushing, every time the left is doubling down, wanting to incite an insurrection.   
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,672 ******
    edited January 2020
    The publicans won’t run anybody for statewide office except beltway RINOs. They didn’t run anybody against our Dem state senator, but a Libertarian got 18% of the vote. 
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,038 ******
    this the last time I remember hearing the term boogaloo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXg1AxBXN5g
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭
    They are going to bugaloo with their yeet cannons !
    I have no idea where this came from, but I'm thinking it keeps the censors away on some lefty sites that the rightwingers have infiltrated.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******
    Yosh, it took on that meaning decades ago. I don't know the exact date, just that it has been called that forever.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    Someone on AR15.com coined / updated the current usage of Boogaloo to mean Civil War / SHTF.