In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Took my grandson to the mall.....little kids are built to wear out grandparents...WHEW!

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,686 ✭✭✭✭
I thought I'd spend this pretty day out with my grandson for a bit.    My daughter has caught a little bug and needed a bit of a break.    So, since its a bit chilly (about 60 degrees) I thought I'd take him to a mall so he could walk until he drops.

We parked in the parking deck and I got him out....we went in Booksamillion because it has a great kids section....LOTS to look at and poke around.    He is 20 months old, so just a toddler and doesn't pay any attention to much of anything.....just walks until he runs into something, then its like bumper cars and he just takes off in another direction.

Some lady thought he'd like to see her dog......nope, wanted nothing to do with that at all.   I tried the puzzled on the table, he loved a couple of them so I bought him a few of them to take home with us.    He was keeping up with the elderly walkers doing the laps in the mall for a bit.....until he took a sudden RIGHT into the hippy store that smelled like incense and had pillows with tassels thrown all about. 

He took to crawling a few times trying to get under tables and escape into window displays....but I was NINJA quick with the granny skills and grabbed him up just in time.    He ate almost as much teriyaki chicken as he dropped onto the floor in the food section (yes, I picked it all up) and he ate an entire cookie from the Great American Cookie Co.   

He's saying little words now that MIGHT sound inappropriate at times....you can repeat a word all you want and he is NOT saying that word.   Leave him alone and he will sing all kinds of things.

I dropped him back off at his house and his dad was there.....its amazing to see a little boy's face light up when he sees his daddy.

I didn't realize just how much he ran me today until I got home and got out of the car.....my back wouldn't straighten all the way and I was walking like a sloth until I got inside the house.

How people run daycares and such I'll never know.      
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
    enjoy while you can, 15-20 years you might be lucky if he will talk to you, let alone want to be seen with you.....
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,672 ******
    Grandchildren-buy them noisy toys, fill them with sugar, then send them home.
  • Options
    He has this thing for "poking" stuff with his finger......he's got it ready at all times.    Poke, poke, poke....its everything from the glasses on my face, the spots on the floor, the food on his plate.....ALWAYS poking things.    I don't understand what got this started.    I don't care what kind of manipulation you try.....that boy is not going to eat anything until it gets poked and if he's set lose everything he gets near is getting a tiny jab from that little finger of his.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,672 ******
    Those elderly people walking in the mall are trying to stay in shape so they can keep up with their grandchildren.
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Kasey better hope he doesn't raise the dogs tail and try to poke an   eye   out......
  • Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    we took our  about 4 year old identical triplet gran girls to the square for the annual spring fling with a small carnival ....put them each in a harness on a leash like a dog...they drug the three of us adults around like they were St. Bernards...did all the rides 2-3 times and wore the old folks out
  • Options
    I bet that was a LOT of fun.    Four is a really fun age.   I don't see how you could take multiples that age out anywhere without having them tethered to yourself somehow.  Just keeping up with John today was a real test.   He would take off walking, knock something over and before I could pick it up he'd be a few steps ahead of me.    My oldest was the only "single" child of mine that proved needing a leash.   She was a handful, spirited and very curious....not a shy bone in her body and ready to try EVERYTHING.    So, it was like controlling lightning every time we went out.    She'd take off running at a whim, hid when she felt like it, asked random strangers to hold her, she was non stop.    I didn't think I could handle any more kids.....but when we had our second she was so different I realized I could handle having 20 more kids, just not another like my oldest. 
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,038 ******
    Grandkids are the best!!!  :)
  • Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭

When are you bringing him to Walt Disney World? It sounds like he is ready for a roller coaster ride.

• Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh that's bad. That's a rookie grandparent mistake. You don't want to take the little nose pickers to a place like a mall. To many witnesses around when you try to correct the little critters when they act up. 
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******
    What a wonderful day. Glad to see him training you.  :)
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    gjshaw said:

When are you bringing him to Walt Disney World? It sounds like he is ready for a roller coaster ride.

We'll be going....I'm probably going to have to get an RV at some point because we have lots of plans to see and do things with this little guy. 
  • Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭

Kasey, His first set of ears are on me. I can’t wait to see you all. I’ll even get you a set of ears. lol