In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Model 25 Daisy

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
Remake made in Chiner.  I wore one out and Dad sent it to Arkansas , they sent me a new one.

Comments

• Options
    redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,686 ✭✭✭✭
    I still have mine.
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I always wanted a Daisy 25.I still buy old Benjamins,Sheridans and Crosmans to repair.The plan was to repair and sell them but once I get them working,they stop being for sale.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I have an old Crosman 140 that my Grampa gave me .. Used to shoot racoons. It quit working a long time ago.
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I just rebuilt a Crosman 140. One of my favorites
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I still have some unopened cans of .22 crosman pellets from the 60's
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    I built up a few 140's.  One would shoot threw one side of a heavy galvanized trash can with 50 pumps.  Rebuilt many Benjamins, Sheridans and Crosmans.
  • Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    had one when i was a kid....tons of BB.s thru it
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,582 ✭✭✭✭
      I have seen the older versions do well on the auctions 
     I have a few BB and pellet guns ,  no model 25 though 
     I still have a crosman 761 XL I bought new in the 1970's and  the  mark l and mark ll  pistols then a few more toss in  a few daisy   rifles  two  of them   are slide action  versions they were made to look like a  remington 760  + a assorted other ones I have picked up over the years 
     when I was a kid my cousins in Tn. had a double barrel daisy bb gun  the only one I ever seen .  now they are a big collector item 
     should have did some tradin back then  ;)

gave my kids a red Ryder BB gun ( at the time the new version ) some time in the early 1980's  many years ago I think they still have them   a few years later gave them each a ruger 10-22 

• Options
    elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭✭
    I have five of 'em.  The first one I bought brand new in 1958.    One time my grand son shot the barrel assembly into the susquehanna River.  
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    I've got 3 daisy 1894's (non-working minor repairs needed ) and 2 more recent Model 880's, I shoot them more than anything else   :)

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭✭
    Ive got a Benjamin pistol that pumps up with a rod under the barrel.  Uncle gave it to me probably fifty or sixty years ago.
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    I had a Model 25 as a kid and wore it out! We (me, wife, sister, and brother-in-law) took a trip up to Northern Arkansas in 2010 and visited the Daisy Museum in Rogers, Arkansas while we were in the area. They had new model 25's for sale in the museum's store and I commented about how much I liked mine as a kid and I needed to buy one for old times sake. My sister jumped in and bought one and told me it was my Christmas present, but I'd have to wait until Christmas to get it. I'm still having fun shooting it!!!!!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    I had a Daisy Model 98 Golden Eagle Lever Action BB Rifle with the blond plastic stocks. I got that for Christmas back in 1958. I bet I shot a million BB's with that gun. That thing would hold about 6 or 8 five cent packs of BBs at a time. The first time I was filling it up I was at Sand Brand Grocery Store. A little neighborhood store that that was owned by Miss Molly. She showed me how to make a ring with my index finger and thumb around the filler hole on top of the barrel for the BBs to be poured in. That saved a bunch of time. It's hard telling how many cases of BBs she sold at that store over the years. Every boy in the neighborhood had a BB gun. 

• Options
    elubsme said:
    I have five of 'em.  The first one I bought brand new in 1958.    One time my grand son shot the barrel assembly into the susquehanna River.  

It can happen
  • Options
     Ok 
     speaking on BB guns how many of you had a lever type bb gun   similar in cocking action the 98 Smitty posted  
    and forgot to put the lever back down in the heat of the battle .. and pulled the trigger to find your fingers  left stinging ? hurting by the lever  as it slams across your fingers  . if you have then you know the feeling  if not I would advise against it 
     I did it once and once only .. I was about  ten years old 
  • Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭✭
    I had maybe 4 or 5 BB guns growing up. I have no idea what happened to them; must have broken down and been tossed. We could buy packs of Daisy BB's at the Gambles store in town. (It closed in 1969). A large tube held like 500 or a thousand and you just uncapped one end. I don't know if they still make those big tubes or not. I haven't bought any BBs for quite awhile.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    kannoneer said:
    I had maybe 4 or 5 BB guns growing up. I have no idea what happened to them; must have broken down and been tossed. We could buy packs of Daisy BB's at the Gambles store in town. (It closed in 1969). A large tube held like 500 or a thousand and you just uncapped one end. I don't know if they still make those big tubes or not. I haven't bought any BBs for quite awhile.
         as for the bb's I remember buying 3 cent packs and the larger 10 cent packs then the tubes of 500 ? 
     I have bought bottles of 5000 a few years ago for the bb guns I have ( as a kid  a 5000 round container that would have been a gift from the gods LOL ) 
    I still have a few of my pellet and bb guns  from when I was a kid,  when I left home my younger brother seemed to take every thing I had left home  not that I did not want them I just guessed they would be safe at my parents house  bb guns , were just one loss also including countless red line hot wheels and match box cars .. I had collected for years . 
     a lot of my toys I am sure mom or dad tossed we had little storage room and the kids toys  what few we did have were fair game especially larger ones