In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

So whats a 270 Rem?

BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭
Gunbroker auction # 854604414. Nice Model 70 in 270 Win. Says it is basically the same as 270 Rem? Whats a 270 Rem and do I need one? I mean I ain't got one so my life isn't complete. Bob

Comments

• Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭✭

Its marked WCF, he must have been confused, he should be saying 270wcf is the same as 270win.

• Options
    Darn and now I'll have to cancel my hunt for that elusive 270Rem. If I couldn't find one I was going to see about shrinking my 280Rem down to 270. After all he says it is rare. ;)  Bob
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Sorry I thought you wrote 270 REN my bad.
    RLTW

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,390 ***** Forums Admin
    edited January 2020
    Way back when I was in high school, a guy I went to school with told me he had a 30-40 Winchester. I had never heard of a 30-40 Winchester, so I was asking about it. Turns out it it was a model 95 chambered in 30-40 Krag.  So I told him it was a 95 Winchester chambered in 30-40 Krag. He said "no, its a 30-40 Winchester". We had a good natured running argument over that for the rest of the school year.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I would keep looking for that 270 Rem.  A man needs a purpose in life.
  • Options
    Wonder if it will make a good Bigfoot gun or should I limit to something a little smaller like Chupacabra?🤔 Bob
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭✭
    i think it would be darn near perfect for a "wampuscat "
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭
    Way back when I was in high school, a guy I went to school with told me he had a 30-40 Winchester. I had never heard of a 30-40 Winchester, so I was asking about it. Turns out it it was a model 95 chambered in 30-40 Krag.  So I told him it was a 95 Winchester chambered in 30-40 Krag. He said "no, its a 30-40 Winchester". We had a good natured running argument over that for the rest of the school year.
    Him just saying the 30-40 Winchester doesn't necessarily (to me at least) mean that he thought that was the caliber. It would be like me saying I am taking a 22 Ruger. I only go caliber specific if a person knows what I like/have and knows about firearms. Like to my brother in law, who is very knowledgeable and knows my collection, I would just say .220 Swift. He already knows it would be one of my Remington 700's. But, to my mom's husband, who knows a little about the most common guns, I'd probably word it like "I am taking my Remington 700 chambered in .220 Swift". For someone that doesn't know much at all, I might just say "I am taking my varmint rifle".
    However, once you clarified, if he knew the difference, he would have acknowledged it. I'd say you won. :)

Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,672 ******
    pulsarnc said:
    i think it would be darn near perfect for a "wampuscat "
    I haven’t heard that term in many years. That’s what I called my oldest granddaughter when she was little.  :D
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭✭

the wampus cat terrorized my county for many years during my child hood . Numerous newspaper reports were written about it

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war.....