In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

That oughta be a clue

He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,960 ✭✭✭✭

" Honestly guys, The Forum Control Act of 2020 has cut back on forum traffic so much..." - Mark Christian

So is that what they were going for, or just the fall out?

Comments

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Low ceiling. Visibility is IFR . Visual can be in effect but radio contact was lost. Don't fly into the mountain.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,800 ✭✭✭✭
    This forum has been on a slow death roll since they started changing it. 
  • Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    well they did assign members adulterated names out of the blue and ignore repeated requests to correct    spasmcreek since about 2001 with about 39K posts...maybe i am a SECRET AGENT now ???    Boris...where's Natshya ????
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
    The forum has really gone downhill with all the recent changes.  Sad to see.
    We don't have half the traffic we used to have.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,390 ***** Forums Admin
    The traffic has been going down hill for 5-6 years. Way before any of the forum changes. Without knowing any actual numbers, it seems like forum traffic has picked up since the recent switch.
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,202 ✭✭✭✭
    All the postaholics are still here. Including the wingnuts, the youknowwhophobics, the Ray Cysts...and the bunches of just plain good folks.
    Some of the changes may have been necessary. The first major one was a disaster, the middle one more than acceptable. This last appears to have been arbitrary and possibly ill-chosen. It certainly seems designed for the wrong age group.
    We'll see.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭✭
    When I signed up for this gig over 10 years ago, there was at least a page and a half and usually 2 pages of new posts every day. There were a lot of interesting characters, and a lot of guys that just couldn't help pushing the boundries. All of which made for a lively forum. But just like most things, the memories are better than reality. :/
  • Options
    New Rule... members must purchase from the other side a minimum of $100 per 6 month period or loose all the points and other bonus's accumulated. Where is the green font??
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    I gotta get a job or a hobby LOL

Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Seems *-R-Done and a few others would have 100 post per day.They seem to burn out pretty quick.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******
    He Dog said:

" Honestly guys, The Forum Control Act of 2020 has cut back on forum traffic so much..." - Mark Christian

So is that what they were going for, or just the fall out?

So it would seem.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    buddyb said:
    Seems *-R-Done and a few others would have 100 post per day.They seem to burn out pretty quick.
    He came by the house this afternoon..

• Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    There's a lot more forums on just about every subject you can think of these days which might be the reason traffic is down some. 

I have other hobbies besides gun collecting so I check out a lot of other forums.  I check out around 14 to 15 forums from time to time on things I'm interested in. I go to Johnson Evinrude Outboard Motor Forum, then over to iboats forum, Fishing Reel Talk Forum, the Boating Forum, Bass Resource Forum, Defensive Carry Forum, Ruger Forum, Taurus Forum, Gun Board Forum, Reloading Handgun Digest Forum, National Assoc. of Watch & Clock Collectors Forum, The Watch forum, Vintage Pocket Watch Forum, Chevy Talk Forum, and in the meantime I check out this forum. 

If nothing much is going on then I move on to the next one.  
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,686 ✭✭✭✭
    I think the forum activity is picking up....the upbeat posts and fun shares helps a lot.     For a while there seemed to be a run of horrible news, complaints and just pure misery posted almost exclusively which made anything light hearted or cheery seem out of place.     It also didn't help that any new person that came along had to be warned to have "thick skin" because they were almost certainly going to be run off by people looking to pick a fuss over anything and everything imaginable.      Things seem to be turning to more light, helpful posts and a bit of fun....which is really nice to see.   

I love the new format.....its so easy to post pictures and it looks very nice.       I'm guessing this format and the grey cloud being lifted from the forum will lead to more traffic.  
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey there select-fire.  Might G-R-D have a license plate similar to his handle?
  • Options
    dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭
    I think the forum activity is picking up....the upbeat posts and fun shares helps a lot.     For a while there seemed to be a run of horrible news, complaints and just pure misery posted almost exclusively which made anything light hearted or cheery seem out of place.     It also didn't help that any new person that came along had to be warned to have "thick skin" because they were almost certainly going to be run off by people looking to pick a fuss over anything and everything imaginable.      Things seem to be turning to more light, helpful posts and a bit of fun....which is really nice to see.   

I love the new format.....its so easy to post pictures and it looks very nice.       I'm guessing this format and the grey cloud being lifted from the forum will lead to more traffic.  
    I like other peoples misery. Makes going to my wife's chemo seem farther away.
  • Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    wait till they give u  a new name  ?????
  • Options
    asop said:
    Hey there select-fire.  Might G-R-D have a license plate similar to his handle?

Has a disabled Vet SC plate