In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Why Did My Rifle Blow UP????

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
Some of the very best videos on YT in my opinion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8gjYQrIl_w

Comments

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Cool

I wonder why he is going to fix that crap up somethings should be left broke and thrown away.

I like the saying that the "gun only has to save you once"
    RLTW

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    Carcano was never a perfectly good gun IMHO.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,582 ✭✭✭✭
    I  do like  watching him  , and he must have  trainees / apprentices / fellow gun smiths doing work with him ,
     just me but with his talent and work load ( and I would guess labor charges )   that old rifle would be a waste of his time to save  for him to personally do ?  
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    I have the answer:

Because its a POS and you used POS ammo.  You should have stopped after the 1st round showed signs of pressure...................
    RLTW

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******
    edited January 2020
    That was a reaaaaaaaaaally long way to say: "your cartridge was over pressure for the gun, dumb asp."
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Garbage in Garbage out
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    Carcano -- Italian for "gun-go-boom".
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,582 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
     will add in my carcano experience when I was about 18 or so I use to trade with a few older fellows who seem to come up with a lot of odd ball stuff . 
    one was a carcano never seen one before but had a 1/2 box of old ammo and a folding bayonet ( found out and sold the bayonet years later it was worth more and a hard to find bayonet then the rifle ) any way I took it  home dry fired checked the bore loaded up a round bang no recoil at all so did it again .. WTH should have had some recoil so took the bullets they gave with the rifle 
     put the bullet into the end of the barrel  check the fit OHH ,, I see a big gap all the way around the bullet ( again found out later it was a 6.5  ) rifle was the 7.35 bore the 6.5 had the same case just necked down the bullet for the most part  the smaller bullet just bounced down the barrel . 
     a local GS I found the right ammo and also found out a bit more about the rifles .
     jump ahead about 10 years a fellow I worked with gave me one his dad had given to the "boys "to play army with in the back yard  ( it was a 6.5 also )  bolt was taken out thrown away so no danger to the kids , it was rough to say the least but I had a bit of time stripped it down cold blued and a stock refinish kit a complete bolt found on ebay about 10 years later  and fired off a couple rounds still have it stuck away some where  .  just because it was my first attempt to  bring a old gun back to life . and yes it looks like like hell  :s  its better door stop than anything , but got to start some where ..
      just thinking maybe duck tape a flashlight and bayonet and pistol grip tac cool  and turn in as a assault rifle at a buy back  :) program 

• Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    The chosen weapon of Lee Harvey Oswald...........his worked.

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    The chosen weapon of Lee Harvey Oswald...........his worked.
    Did it?

I owned several Carcanos in the 1960's and they were pure junk. 
    I missed a very nice deer at about 20 yards with my first one.  Sawed-off shotguns shoot a better pattern.
    I always wondered how Oswald got his hands on a sniper-quality Carcano rifle and scope...

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    It was the magic bullets (fired from other firearms) that made it possible, not the POS rifle.