In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Celebration of life

pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭✭
WE buried  my Aunt Sallie today . 95 years old and the last of 3 sisters .Funerals are usually a sad and solemn affair , everyone crying and weeping .Todays was anything but that . She lived independently up until about 6 months ago when her kids insisted on a live in helper . About 3 weeks ago she fell and fractured her back , sadly for her as for most it was a swift slide downhill from there . She had 2 kids , 7 grand kids ,17 great grands and 4 great great grandkids .Loved the beach , a good cup of coffee and a cigarette , snickers bars  and flowers  .Folks told stories and shared memories and celebrated her love of life .If there were any tears they were tears of laughter not grief . I hope that when my time comes my funeral will be as pleasant and enjoyable as hers was .Rest in peace Aunt Sally ,I love you
cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 

Comments