In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lady Gaga

SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in General Discussion
Sorry boys, this is one of the best performances I've ever seen.  I didn't watch the game and only seen the half time show because someone posted a video here on GB.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txXwg712zw4

The girl put on a high energy, very hard, and challenging routine.  Starts on the roof, guide wires down to a tower,  goes to the stage for some more, does a ballad in the middle, says hi to her dad and mom, then finishes strong, even catches a football at the end.  Oh, and all in high heeled boots.

I do not listen to her stuff, I'm more of an old country fan, but I have respect her for her talent and her work ethic.  In the one I seen, she even interviews like a real person.    

Comments

• Options
    randomnutrandomnut Member Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

Seems reminiscent of a post several years back, IIRC.

• Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭✭

Read a report recently where she stated she didn’t remember the last time she took a 🛁

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭

Only good thing about that remake of a star is born ,, She showed those tig ole biddies

• Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    pulsarnc said:

Read a report recently where she stated she didn’t remember the last time she took a 🛁

She would fit in here really well. 
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Say what you want Guy's. A Classically trained Pianist. Has taken herself to be a Millionaire on her talent. (And) I personally believe She is quite talented. IMHO.

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    I have never heard one of her songs in my life.  It was just a few months ago that I heard a Miliy Cyrus song.

I really don't listen to much modern music.

RLTW

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    Her music is not my cup of tea, but there is no denying her talent and her work ethic.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options

Which one of you, became a Millionaire, based upon your musical talent?

Anyone?

I thought so.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******
    I recall that it was a decent performance. Much better than many half time shows anyway.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember the last time I took a bath either.  But I had a shower last night and will be hitting the shower in couple of hours.  Do you suppose that's what she meant??  I can't believe she doesn't bath.   As far as talent and a great voice, she's got that in spades!  Listen to some of the songs she has sung with Tony Bennet, it is very good stuff.  
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭✭
    This is Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga singing "This lady is a tramp."  Gaga has made a lot of great music with Tony Bennett!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPAmDULCVrU
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭

Which one of you, became a Millionaire, based upon your musical talent?

Anyone?

I thought so.

I get your point. But, how many wanted to? The fairer question should be have you done well in life with your desired career path. Have you reached the point you wanted to reach. Most importantly, are you happy?

I didn't set out to end up in I.T. But, I got hurt in 1994 and had surgery, then again in ~'99, and again... After the second one, I decided I had to start using my mind instead of my body. So, I thought about my interests and if any of them could make me money. This one seemed the easier one to get established in. Even with several stops and starts in my career due to health, I have progressed further than I thought I would. I am 48 and we only have a "house and 10 acres" loan, everything else is paid for. Unless something comes up, we'll have the house paid for around the time I hit 50. Not too bad considering all the health issues and constant back/sciatic pain that I have had since '95. I was in surgery the exact time when the bombing happened in OKC. Thankfully we hadn't moved to the area yet so my surgery was happening 200 miles away.
    OK, that was probably TMI... Not sure why I shared all that. But I'll leave it I guess.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,992 ✭✭✭✭

Say what you want Guy's. A Classically trained Pianist. Has taken herself to be a Millionaire on her talent. (And) I personally believe She is quite talented. IMHO.

Agreed
  • Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    I have glanced at some of her work. I really don't think lady and GaGa should be used in the same sentence
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    Gaga is odd but her half time show was the best ever seen by this poor boy...
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,389 ******
    I have known a lot of very talented people who never made the grade into fame and big bucks. 
    I find it interesting that most that did make the big time also had nice cleavage and pretty faces.
  • Options

If you can watch that, and say "That Girl has no Talent," you are delusional. Don't just look at her released songs, but those that lie behind it. I have. She is extraordinary.

• Options

Watch it or not - You are missing out on one of the greatest Musical Talents of our time.

Look into her background, and subsequent Musical Talent. Those of you who choose to deride her musical ability/persona, have not looked closely enough.

A Powerhouse.

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I am not a Lady Gaga fan.  But a few years ago I ran across this duet with Elton John and I have watched it a hundred times.
    I don't get it, I don't know what "Art Pop" means, but this gal has a great voice, and can play piano as well!  The freaky wig and the 7 inch high heels, once again not my style but it is a helluva show.   She is a great talent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKAA_INzDGo

Plus, as someone said, what  a rack!   It doesn't hurt your singing or acting career to be sexually attractive.
  • Options

I hate, the fact that I am "Sexually Attractive." It is a Cross that I have had to Bare, (Bear?) I try and control that aspect of my persona. (To no avail.) I am at a loss, as to how to control it. 😥

• Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    as long as u can bear to bare it , and we can bear the bare results of a posting bard , life is bearable, no matter how bare
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭

I hate, the fact that I am "Sexually Attractive." It is a Cross that I have had to Bare, (Bear?) I try and control that aspect of my persona. (To no avail.) I am at a loss, as to how to control it. 😥

So that's why you don't get any sleep! Tell the girls you need a night off occasionally. As for Lady Gaga there were rumors a few years back that she may have a little extra plumbing. Don't know, don't care, her appearance just ain't my cup of tea. Bob
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******

Agreed.  Love or hate her persona, but there is no denying she is a very talented musician.
    Take a minute and listen to this, and anyone who can say this girl isn't extremely talented doesn't know what talent is!  No processing, no backing garbage, no dubbing, no auto-tune, no mixing, no after-production...just walked up to the piano, sat down and played it...live...in a broadcast studio on the air.
    Now, some people may not like the song itself, but if you step back from that for a moment and just listen to the musical ability, it's more than just a "little" impressive.

ETA - Oh, and one other thing...she's got a helluva nice rack too!! :D
    Eh, she's ah-ight.  :)

And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain