Drivers License for Veterans

hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭
I went  to the Court House (County) to get my, KY  Drivers License renewed, and  asked to have Veterans status added.  She had no clue what I was asking about. She looked it up and needed to see  DD214. I keep a small laminated copy in my  wallet (Handy.)
My VA Status add, and  she thanked me for my Service.  As I was leaving she was placing a notice on the board  to have Veterans ask for this to be added to their DL.
Magazines, Gun Parts and More.
US Army Veteran
NRA Patron

Comments

• us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,208 ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if that is an option here ....... I will check on it.  Thanks
    "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln
  • asopasop Member Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭
    Had mine done about a year ago.  My SS# was incorrect on the records (obviously the 3 was mistaken for an 8!?). What a pain and time consuming scenario.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 21,755 ✭✭✭✭
    Not to be obtuse, but why would that be information to be added to a Driver License?

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
    To get a break from a cop who also severed - maybe?
     :| 
    "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln
  • hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭
    If you are in to it. Many business will give  discounts to Veterans.  The Divers License will  prove you served.as the DD14 was required to the the  endorsement on the DL.

Magazines, Gun Parts and More.
    US Army Veteran
    NRA Patron
    edited July 17
    hoosier said:
    If you are in to it. Many business will give  discounts to Veterans.  The Divers License will  prove you served.as the DD14 was required to the the  endorsement on the DL.

Yes, showing a DD214 when getting/renewing is all that is needed in this state to get 'Veteran' imprinted on one's drivers license.