In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Any Owners of a Meprolight Mepro21

KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in General Discussion

Having read Ricci's thread "New Optic," on his new Eotech - I own a Meprolight Mepro21 Holographic sight. "Always on, no batteries." It either collects ambient light, or seamlessly transitions to the Tritium X dot reticle. A huge fan. (Highly recommend.)

You can choose from about 4-5 reticles. I chose the X-dot.

Anyone else own one? If so, what do you have it mounted on? Mine is mounted on a Kel-Tec PLR16. (5.56 pistol.) Mounted with a one point sling. Tension it out and away from you, performs/shoots/sights like an SBR.

Please share.

Comments

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have one but I have used one along with an EO Tech and an Aim Point.  All are good for close range CQB/MOUT operations. 

I do like the meprolight because it doesn't need batterys but the down side to me is the size of the reticule.  I think it was 4-5 MOA and that is a little big IMO.

To the Horror of my "High Speed" team mates I used no optics on my rifle just the Iron sights.  Its the way I trained for years and I shot better and faster with them than any optic.  When it is dark my PEQ-4 IR laser and PVS-14's did the trick ;) Now that I am a has been my AR had a LED light on it mounted on the front sight.  My AR is a copy of my Colt 733 CAR I really loved but with a longer barrel to make it legal.
    RLTW