In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

22LR Rifles

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
I cannot believe I am biding on one, I need another one like I need a hole in the head. 

I just went and counted, I have 12...............  I sold(Well Ricci did) 6.
RLTW

Comments

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,668 ******
    Bidding on an old one or newer one?
    I was at a gun show last Saturday and enjoyed looking at the old Winchester 67’s, Remington Targetmasters, etc. seems like the prices aren’t as high as they were.

• Options
    Old one and I am not winning....................yet.

Winchester 77 because I only have 1 semi auto 22.
    RLTW

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    jimdeere said:
    Bidding on an old one or newer one?
    I was at a gun show last Saturday and enjoyed looking at the old Winchester 67’s, Remington Targetmasters, etc. seems like the prices aren’t as high as they were.
    Unless NIB, collector quality, or dirt cheap. Bolt Action .22's, are hard to sell  easily. The market is for semi-autos. Like the Ruger 10-22. Or the various rim-fire clones, based on the AR 15. 

• Options
    Most of mine are Bolt Action
    Remington
    (2) 580
    Fieldmaster
    Romanian Trainer(my Favorite)
    Browning BL-22(close 2nd)
    Henry Black receiver
    Ruger 10/22
    Winchester 62
    Winchester 67
    Stevens Walnut Hill with a Lyman receiver sight.

RLTW

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭✭
    Once a year when I empty the safes to inspect and wipe down all the long guns I * and moan about how many 22s there are taking up space. Then I decide to thin the herd a bit, but I never do. It's a sickness. At the moment I don't have any plans to buy any more. Well unless the coolness factor and/or a really good deal overcomes what little common sense I have.😁 Bob
  • Options
    I only have 1 22Mag rifle left, its a Savage el cheapo blued with a black plastic stock.  Its and older one and I put a timiney trigger on it, had it recrowned and it has a Burris 3.5-10 scope.  It is scary accurate and has killed a truck load of hogs and other critters.

I have a boatload of 22 Pistols too.  I sold a bunch of them too.
    RLTW

• Options
    Sam06 said:
    Most of mine are Bolt Action
    Remington
    (2) 580
    581le
    Fieldmaster
    Romanian Trainer(my Favorite)
    Browning BL-22(close 2nd)
    Henry Black receiver
    Ruger 10/22
    Winchester 62
    Winchester 67
    Stevens Walnut Hill with a Lyman receiver sight.

Judy has a Walnut Hill with a 10x Unertl with Posa mts. I almost forgot about that one. Bob
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a few.  The one I use the most is a Winchester 67.
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I have your .22mag pump Sam. 😁 I hate it. 😉

• Options
    I know I sent you a scope for it.

The one I shoot the most is either the BL-22 or the Trainer.  Both have just Iron sights because I prefer them for plinking and hunting.  I mostly shoot Remington Subsonic or Agulia SS.  SS ammo is what I like for hunting it is plenty powerful enough for small game, its quiet and doesn't mess up the meat.
    RLTW

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,576 ✭✭✭✭
     there like potato chips cant stop at just one . I think I have about a dozen give or take 
     I have some I have never shot or been so long I do not remember shooting them 
     I have wanted a  Remington black Apache  model 66 with a chrome barrel for many years If I find one that would be the last ( well almost can say 100%  ) 22 I want . I have ran across a few over the years and have not found a "nice" one , come close a couple times but no cigar  all have had some issue with rust , or abuse .  maybe before I check out of this life I will find one . 
    I know they are nothing special just a wish list rifle from when I was a kid 
    I have passed on the green . brown , blue black versions many times  the chrome one seems elusive  to me . ( and cost reasonable ) 
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,750 ✭✭✭✭
     The Winchester 77, affordable, and underrated. Have had several and all were excellent shooters.
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
     there like potato chips cant stop at just one . I think I have about a dozen give or take 
     I have some I have never shot or been so long I do not remember shooting them 
     I have wanted a  Remington black Apache  model 66 with a chrome barrel for many years If I find one that would be the last ( well almost can say 100%  ) 22 I want . I have ran across a few over the years and have not found a "nice" one , come close a couple times but no cigar  all have had some issue with rust , or abuse .  maybe before I check out of this life I will find one . 
    I know they are nothing special just a wish list rifle from when I was a kid 
    I have passed on the green . brown , blue black versions many times  the chrome one seems elusive  to me . ( and cost reasonable ) 
    Check your messages
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Bought a Marlin 39m yesterday, and just got home with a really nice Remington 541-T today. I know how you feel...
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

That Tasco period correct scope for that .22mag pump is Perfect. I have turned down multiple offers from Buddies trying to buy it.

• Options
    Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    OK :smile:
    Just like as stated : Like a Tator chip : one is NEVER enough !!!

No Idea how many I have now ???

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭✭

Haven’t kept up with the market lately . Cannot believe the prices. Marlin 39 ‘ s are bringing

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a bunch of beginners.
  • Options
    JasonVJasonV Member Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭
    I just got a Browning lever action 22 on auction. I can't stop when it comes to 22 rifles.
    formerly known as warpig883
  • Options
    JasonV said:
    I just got a Browning lever action 22 on auction. I can't stop when it comes to 22 rifles.

Those BL-22 are sweet guns.  I want a Browning pump 22 also.
    RLTW

• Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭

Don’t stop until you have a Worls Class 22.

thats what Joe used to tell me!

• Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    I like .22s, any .22s especially Winchester .22s. When I was a kid I lusted after a pump Winchester .22 of any style. I finally got there. 1906s, 1890s, 61s, 62s, Then I started collecting the boy's rifles and bolt actions. A couple years ago I got my last two examples of every single shot .22 Winchester produced. Add in the standard bolt actions and their many target models that are magazine fed and tube fed and they get pretty extensive. I really don't know how many .22s I have without getting out the books. I also got carried away with S&W .22 revolvers and counted nine J and K frames. I'm going to Tulsa in April, I might buy me another .22. 
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    pulsarnc said:

Haven’t kept up with the market lately . Cannot believe the prices. Marlin 39 ‘ s are bringing

I've turn down quite a few very nice offers (cash & trades) on my mid-sixties Marlin Golden Mountie that I bought new myself, sometimes I have thoughts that maybe sentimental value sucks  :/................. :)

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
    I am a beginner I guess only have two, a HENRY golden boy and a Tekka.
  • Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a few,  Winch. Model 60 is one of the best.  Hard to beat a 10/22 for the money. One I use the most after the Ruger is a Marlin Glenfield bolt.
  • Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭✭
    About every .22 I have is accurate. One I am quite fond of is a Winchester Model 72 with a very early Weaver scope. Very pretty wood on it, too. I have looked at many Model 72s online and they seem to have nicer wood than most others. 
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
    have a nice winchester model 74, one of the most accurate rifles I own....... and it eats anything/any brand
  • Options
    chmechme Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭
    "I just went and counted, I have 12......…"

Hah!  Amateur!  
    :D    Got addicted to Mossbergs from the 40's, 50's and 60's.  And then you start to wonder how many "Masters" Remington made- Scoremaster, RangeMaster, TargetMaster, GameMaster………...
  • Options
    I guess I am into variety. A few Winchesters. A few brownings. A couple of Anschutz. Miscellaneous others like Sako, Stevens, Kimber, Savage, and even one of those common as dirt 10/22s. Bob
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    Like most of my collection, I seem to buy collections  (all models made). My first .22lr was a pistol. a S&W 422 that I got used. I love the balance of it. My friends also did and they bought a few like it also. Later on I found that the barrel being low in the action allowed for suppressor use while retaining original open sights. My wife also really liked the feel of it and shot quite accurately with it so decided to use one of those with 12+1 instead of a smaller one that she couldn't hardly shoot, or one that was too heavy.
    Long story short, I now have 422, 622, both models of 622 VR (Vent Rib), 2213 and 2214, all stainless 2206, and recently topped it off with a S&W model 41. The latter predates the others by a good long ways but it can use the same magazines, the grips can be swapped, etc. While it is in a class way above the others, it has that same familiar grip angle, etc.

Then, I also did the same exact thing with 10/22's. I also got into Savage/Stevens .22lr/.410 3". I inherited quite a few older Marlin's and a few Rem's and Winnie's mixed in but they are the lower models.
    All that said, with the scare a decade ago with 22 ammo shortage, I largely quit shooting my target 22's, and often didn't hardly shoot them except to hunt. I also quit buying them. Now that I reload, I can reload some other more potent calibers for not much more than the elevated "new norm" cost of .22lr. I did buy a reload kit for .22lr a while back. Part of the reason was just to see how hard it was and how well it worked. Some was "just in case", and last, but probably biggest reason is to show it to people that say you can't reload .22lr. LOL

Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't even begin to venture to guess how many 22's I have. Rifles and pistols.
    A little of everything from a Stevens single shot Smooth Bore, to a couple Remington pump Smooth bores, Mossberg Targo, Winchester 9422's, Marlin 1897, 39's, Winchesters 1906, 90, 1873 short!, Marlin Model 90's 22 over 410's, and my favorite shooters, Browning SA 22 auto and BL 22 Grade 2.  Belgium O/U  22 over 9mm shotgun!
    Not to mention a Boys rifle collection. Hamiltons, Winchesters, Remingtons, Stevens, Quackenbush, etc.
    I won't even start on 22 handguns......
    Love 22's!