In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Seems like an odd response if he's innocent

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,282 ******

snip:
"

E. Jean Carroll, who went public with her claims in June, is seeking documents and a DNA sample from the president. Carroll said she believes Trump’s DNA may match a sample from the dress or shoes she wore the day of the alleged attack. She claims Trump defamed her by denying the incident.

Trump’s lawyers said in a filing Tuesday in Manhattan that Carroll’s case should be suspended until the state’s highest court decides whether the president can be sued while in office. The New York Court of Appeals will consider that issue in a similar suit by Summer Zervos, a former reality-TV contestant who claims Trump sexually assaulted her.

“DNA technology is so advanced that all we are seeking with respect to DNA at this point is a 3-second Q-tip swab from inside his mouth,” Carroll’s lawyer, Roberta Kaplan, said Wednesday in an emailed statement.

"

Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Not really.   If I was accused in this way I wouldn't give anything to anyone either way.  If I was innocent I would tell them to KMA and if I was guilty I wouldn't give them evidence.    Then of course there is the area where something went on between them but not what she is claiming, in which case I still wouldn't give them anything.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,282 ******
    SCOUT5 said:
    Not really.   If I was accused in this way I wouldn't give anything to anyone either way.  If I was innocent I would tell them to KMA and if I was guilty I wouldn't give them evidence.    Then of course there is the area where something went on between them but not what she is claiming, in which case I still wouldn't give them anything.

There seems to be a long list of names with similar accusations. Usually, where there is smoke there is fire. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/a-running-list-of-the-women-whove-accused-donald-trump-of-sexual-misconduct_n_57ffae1fe4b0162c043a7212
    Now, I don't give a lot of credence to the huff post, but some things are difficult to ignore.

And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
     He is becoming like The Teflon Don.Not to many like him,.Just seeing the paintings in his New York suite should give you a clue.He is a prima donna.
  • Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    10 minutes of fame after 20+ years of silence ??????  tough sell.....even tho there may be some degree of truth ?????
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I was addressing the request to give a DNA sample.   

As to his womanizing that is recorded in written history.   In his books he makes it plain he likes the ladies.    Liking the ladies and actively pursuing sexual relations with them does not make him a rapist.  As far as sexual misconduct goes one can make that as arbitrary as they wish.   To some  asking is misconduct, to some asking twice is misconduct, and it progresses.   Any of these action can be out of line for the people involved or the circumstances at the time, for the same reasons they may not be.   Asking the Queen for sex in a state meeting is one thing, asking a model that came to your hotel suit for drinks at 1 am is another.

If the president starts complying with request like this there will be an endless list of requests.

Given his record with the ladies and his resources to pursue them, rape or overly aggression action wouldn't be necessary for him to have all the sex he could handle.   However if someone has a power issue in that area none of that may make a difference and they may do what he is accused of.    IMO from what I've read I doubt he resorted to that level of behavior.  Not that I think he was always a gentleman.  However it's no secret he is a billionaire playboy and accusations can be expected. 
  • Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    There have been thousands of investigators and reporters looking at President Trump since he won. Nobody has been looked at closer than him and in the end they had to resort to lies to try to get rid of him because they couldn't find anything. If I was Trump I wouldn't give any of them the time of day. A lot of them deserve lengthy  jail sentences.  
  • Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    if he did it would soon be found everywhere....even proving he sank the titantic......