In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pelosi and the Speech tantrum.

CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
She was handed and took custody of a signed official document which she destroyed on live TV.  
Google up 18 U.S. Code § 2071. Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
She needs to be prosecuted under this section... 

Comments

• Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭✭
    I hope the actions of these unamerican commie a holes was burned into the retinas of millions of Americans and will be remembered in November!!  With the way the demoncraps have acted is it to much to hope for to have the biggest landslide in history sweeping Trump, the Senate and the House into historic levels!! 
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,454 ✭✭✭✭
    agree  but doubt it will happen
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,177 ✭✭✭✭
    we can only pray so, but I fear she is almost as untouchable a hilldabeast........    I wouldn't care if shifty took over, but I do like the part about removal from office and not being allowed to hold office afterwards
  • Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭✭
    test pilot from a broom factory
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,010 ******
    Numerous things she could/should be charged with,,,
  • Options
    No need for witnesses either.  It was on live TV  
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,565 ✭✭✭✭
     my wife has been arguing she will be charged with destruction of a federal document among other charges 
     my take sadly it  will be like a klinton issue  nothing to see here move on 
    it would be so much fun too see charges brought up and her removed as chairman for behavior unbecoming ,, but the left will be erecting monuments and a day in history for standing up to the president . 
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,286 ******
    The notion that ripping up a copy of a speech rises to the level of criminal is hilarious.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,784 ✭✭✭✭
    DEMOCRATs and their slimy sycophants in the media prove themselves over and over they are nothing but a hate filled mob.   
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
  • Options
    ","bodyRaw":"The notion that ripping up a copy of a speech rises to the level of criminal is hilarious.
    ","format":"wysiwyg","dateInserted":"2020-02-06T01:03:08+00:00","insertUser":{"userID":383873,"name":"Mr. Perfect","photoUrl":"https:\/\/us.v-cdn.net\/6031683\/uploads\/userpics\/697\/nA6MO6FMMJ9MJ.jpg","dateLastActive":"2020-02-06T01:12:42+00:00","label":"✭✭✭"},"displayOptions":{"showUserLabel":false,"showCompactUserInfo":true,"showDiscussionLink":false,"showPostLink":false,"showCategoryLink":false,"renderFullContent":false,"expandByDefault":false},"url":"https:\/\/forums.gunbroker.com\/discussion\/comment\/11154990#Comment_11154990","embedType":"quote"}"> https://forums.gunbroker.com/discussion/comment/11154990#Comment_11154990

Perhaps you missed the OP.

You would be wrong.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options

What a "Perfect," response.

• Options

What a "Perfect," response.

Please tell us all what precedent there is for criminalizing ripping up a copy of a speech?  Care to cite to some case law?  What exactly is the penalty and how does the cited US code apply?
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options

Deep breaths Mr Perfect. Deep breaths. (Again) Please refer to the OP. It may, (or may not) answer your questions. Research it for yourself if you care to. If not, that is fine also.

• Options

Deep breaths Mr Perfect. Deep breaths. (Again) Please refer to the OP. It may, (or may not) answer your questions. Research it for yourself if you care to. If not, that is fine also.

As I figured. You have exactly nothing of substance to add, just personal attacks. Carry on thy way, won't you now?
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    my understanding is those speeches are signed and given to congress during the speech, then are supposed to be turned over to the national archives for proper storage.  not official enough????
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭✭
    She is in the -See you in Toledo-category.
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭
    The Republicans should do NOTHING, this asinine display of childishness and disrespect should and will stand on it's own for a looooooooong time, no reason to respond in kind and stoop to that level of school yard mentality.  Just let that light shine Nancy, you're opening a lot of eyes.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options

Perhaps you missed the fact that your answers are contained in the OP. There were no "personal attacks," levied. I tried to answer your question, you chose not to look in to the statute, that Capt. Fun cited in his OP. You can do your own research on the statute. (Or not.)

• Options
    The notion that ripping up a copy of a speech rises to the level of criminal is hilarious.
    The copy that is handed to the Speaker at the SOTUS is the Official Document that is destined for the archives.  It is not just another printout it is the Official Document.  That is the issue.  I know that was not on the PE exam,  but geez...  try to keep up. :D    
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    CaptFun said:
    The copy that is handed to the Speaker at the SOTUS is the Official Document that is destined for the archives.  It is not just another printout it is the Official Document.  That is the issue.  I know that was not on the PE exam,  but geez...  try to keep up. :D    

Capt, I've seen this thing posted in other places. It's absurd, and I'm surprised you've latched on to it.  This is the sort of nonsense word nut daily would publish. Do you have some credible critical analysis I've missed?
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,661 ******
    When someone gives you the finger, it’s equally asinine to give them one back.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    CaptFun said:
    CaptFun said:

Capt, I've seen this thing posted in other places. It's absurd, and I'm surprised you've latched on to it.  This is the sort of nonsense word nut daily would publish. Do you have some credible critical analysis I've missed?
    As absurd as the whole Demoncrat Kangaroo court?  They referenced no code, presented no actual evidence and provided no witnesses.  This is actually a law and there is video evidence of her violating it.  What is so absurd.   Barr should hound her relentlessly until she resigns or is found guilty. 

Yes, quite possibly that absurd. Calling what went on "Kangaroo court" does a disservice to actual kangaroo court proceedings by the comparison, but I digress. Yes, there is federal code that governs destruction of official documents. I've seen exactly zero critical analysis that would suggest it applies to a copy of a speech handed to the Speaker.  Further that anything beyond some inconsequential monetary fine would seem inappropriate.

And since we have some Olympian skill level conclusion jumpers on this forum: no, I don't think that vile hag should get away with anything, but let's be serious. This is an absurd application of the law.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Sorry Mr. P.  Guess you joined the left coast team.  Nothing left to see here.  

bye.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the Donald will address it today at 12 . Now that would certainly be karma
  • Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    i predict here shortly that a move to oust Nutsy Pelosi as SOH will begin.   there are plenty of Senators sniping at her right now,  and with the House minority not getting anything done to their liking,  she will bear the brunt of a big shakeup.her days of power are numbered
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    Some of the left wing media pundits are jumping in to defend her that it wasn't a protected document. Perhaps it was or wasn't I don't know. I do know that anyone like her should not be in a position of power representing or pretending to represent Americans
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,196 ✭✭✭✭
    The Constitution requires a State of the Union report, which becomes part of the Congressional Record. Pelosi was given the official archival copy of that document, which she destroyed. Such an act clearly violates Federal statute. I do not understand what some people do not understand about that.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    she sat behind Trump and mumbled and mouthed whatever and shuffled papers around and made hand signals  her disapproval to demo side....but her tearing up he copy of the speech was a final act of disrespect to the gathering AND the guests that TRUMP choose to honor ...... pizzed on about as big a  DC deal as one could get for govt....NOW TRUMP is supposed to give a speech today and i hope he STAYS ON THE HIGH ROAD ??????
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,484 ✭✭✭✭
    It was not the document Trump handed to her.  That one was in a blue binder that was smaller than the pages she tore up which had obviously not been folded.  My guess is that the one she tore up was a large print version so that she could follow it without readers.  

That said, even if it was an 'official' document, do we really want to be so petty as to make a Federal Case over something so trivial?  By tearing it up, she put the final stamp on the pettiness that was the impeachment trial.  Let her stew in her own filth; move forward and ignore the little bitty.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,376 ***** Forums Admin
    Exactly what Don just said. Any "prosecution" of that hag over that would prove to the world that "our" side is just as petty as her side.
  • Options
    while I agree with don and horse drifter, the reason they do things like that is because they know there will be no repercussions, and while  removal from office or jail time may be severe, she does at least need her fingers swatted or it will only continue to get worse the more they get by with........
  • Options
    CaptFun said:
    Sorry Mr. P.  Guess you joined the left coast team.  Nothing left to see here.  

bye.

I see you've joined the Olympian ranks. Congrats.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,784 ✭✭✭✭
    It was not the document Trump handed to her.  That one was in a blue binder that was smaller than the pages she tore up which had obviously not been folded.  My guess is that the one she tore up was a large print version so that she could follow it without readers.  

That said, even if it was an 'official' document, do we really want to be so petty as to make a Federal Case over something so trivial?  By tearing it up, she put the final stamp on the pettiness that was the impeachment trial.  Let her stew in her own filth; move forward and ignore the little bitty.

THIS !!

You got the filth part right.

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,239 ✭✭✭✭
    We got bigger fish to fry than to convict this pathetic worn out old hag for her sophomoric stunt.
    If the Trump Justice Dept. did charge her, she would instantly become the biggest martyr, to the Libs which of course includes NBC and CNN, she'd be the biggest martyr since Joan of Arc.
    Leave the loony, worn out old hag alone.

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,196 ✭✭✭✭
    I think somebody already has asked for or filed a request for official reprimand.
    Regardless, her act was petulant, pathetic - and poison. In so doing, she threw a dead goat down the Democrats' own well.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,376 ***** Forums Admin
    I think somebody already has asked for or filed a request for official reprimand.
    Regardless, her act was petulant, pathetic - and poison. In so doing, she threw a dead goat down the Democrats' own well.
    Yep, the whole country got to see that stunt live on Tuesday night. I just hope all the shortsighted voters can remember that on election day.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Shame is more effort needs to be spent de-moronizing the population. LOL Sad days in America where the folks in Washington are supposedly representing us!
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!