In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Black Voters Quietly Turning to Mike Bloomberg?

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
 The NRA better get ready for a helluva fight In November if Most Blacks back Bloomberg.i think The Hispanics will follow them too. Happened here in my area already! The Big Urban areas for sure,bet on it!

serf

There are signs that black support for Mike Bloomberg in 2020 could be a mirror image of white support for Trump in 2016, when voters who didn’t want to admit their decision to pollsters nonetheless pulled the lever for him. 

Despite a mayoralty defined by the billionaire’s “luxury product” vision of the city that sanctioned stop-and-frisk dragnet policing of men of color, the evaporation of affordable housing, an explosion in the numbers of homeless people, and an exodus of working-class New Yorkers, I’m hearing daily from Democrats evaluating the current crop of candidates and concluding that Bloomberg is best situated to beat Trump and to run the country.

Comments

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    HAHAHA There goes the sky falling again.
  • Options
      Yeah Go to Virginia and Tell them how you are laughing about it and then go into Connecticut  if you have not learn your lesson by then. President Trump nor The Supreme court is going to do anything about it unless Ginsburg resigns or dies first.
                                                           serf
    With minor exceptions, state law prohibits giving an assault weapon to anyone; distributing, transporting, or importing an assault weapon; or keeping, offering, or exposing any such weapon for sale. It also, with minor exceptions, prohibits possession of an assault weapon unless the owner lawfully possessed the weapon before the ban took effect and obtained a certificate of possession from the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection (DESPP) for it (in effect, registered the weapon).
    Illegal possession of an assault weapon is a class D felony, punishable by a fine of up to $5,000 and imprisonment for up to five years, with a mandatory minimum one-year prison term!

• Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    our ignorant voters think because he is rich he will get them bigger checks if elected.....DING ...he got rich by keeping the MONEY for himself
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who would back Mike Bloomburg is an idiot.
    RLTW

• Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    Little mikey can buy their votes.
    Yeah he has that much money. Yeah they'll sell their vote for CASH
  • Options
    papernickerpapernicker Member Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭
    serf said:
      Yeah Go to Virginia and Tell them how you are laughing about it and then go into Connecticut  if you have not learn your lesson by then. President Trump nor The Supreme court is going to do anything about it unless Ginsburg resigns or dies first.
                                                           serf
    With minor exceptions, state law prohibits giving an assault weapon to anyone; distributing, transporting, or importing an assault weapon; or keeping, offering, or exposing any such weapon for sale. It also, with minor exceptions, prohibits possession of an assault weapon unless the owner lawfully possessed the weapon before the ban took effect and obtained a certificate of possession from the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection (DESPP) for it (in effect, registered the weapon).
    Illegal possession of an assault weapon is a class D felony, punishable by a fine of up to $5,000 and imprisonment for up to five years, with a mandatory minimum one-year prison term!

And the higher clippy mag things are treated exactly the same.

• Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭
    The first national news I heard this morning said that Bloomberg had one in a district in New Hampshire.  I found that interesting and somewhat disappointing.

Later the national news provided a little more information.  It seems that two (that is 2) democrats and one (that is 1)  wrote his name down as a write in candidate.  Yes, he one with (not by) three votes.

At least I think that is the way it happened.

I could win with those kind of numbers, if the district was my house - and I could get the cat and wife to vote for me.  Naturally, I would vote for myself . . . . so that is at least one sure vote.
  • Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Bloomberg will soon run his Dog and Pony show in Arlington. Tom King NYSRP Association Pres. begged us to be patient. We were and what did it get us? Same story in Virginia with Pres. of VCDL. "Just be patient".  Wake up people and read HB 961. I have relatives, neighbors and friends in Virginia whose Patience is gone. The governor of Virginia and Legislators are playing with fire.
  • Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    virginia...one of the first 13 colonies, one of the first states,..... now one of the first to take away constitutional. bill of rights privileges.....maybe they will be one of the first NEW AMERICA gulag.......
  • Options
    edited February 2020
     Bloomberg is running a lot of (Obama) in his AD's and has Obama speaking about old political ideas interpreted with new pragmatic ideas instead ie Assault weapon ban! Blacks will flock to Obama's choice and it seems he has chosen Bloomberg! Even if he has some skeletons in the closet about police profiling minorities.
                                                 serf
  • Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭✭
    Today, House of Delegates voted 51-48 to pass HB 961. Will now move to Senate.
    Virginia, Mother of Presidents and Cradle of the Republic.
  • Options
    Asked The Democrats,I am sure they have an answer for you with detailed semantics  so you can have a intelligent discussion with them  while en route to the gulag to become an inmate.
                                              serf