In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New seller

Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
How many here would bid on and pay for a firearm sight unseen (pictures only) from a new seller with no feedback and no previous auctions?
A 1,000.00 plus item.

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    Everyone had to start somewhere. Contact him (or her) and ask a few questions. If you don't get an answer, don't bother bidding. 
  • Options
    Thank you sir.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited March 2020
    You say the opening bid is $1K. Is it worth the money? or is it under value? If it looks like a tremendous deal, use extreme caution, because anything that seems too good to be true, usually is. 
  • Options
    There is a flag in the auction to report any duplicate auctions. Yes it is well worth 1K and more, auction will be running for 7 days.
    Sent seller and email earlier, did not ask for many details but will see how it goes. Yep gotta start some where.
    Good chance there is no feedback on me either since all the changes in the last few months. I have been a GB buyer for many years and never a hitch. Most all transactions have been from FFL'S.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    We get a number of posts from sellers who are worried about making big $$$ sales to unrated buyers. Of course a buyer has far more to lose than relisting an item. Even so, if you receive a reply, the chances are good that the seller is legit. 

I will use this thread to point out that while auction issues are not suppose to be discussed in this forum, the OP asked a reasonable question, and without having a chip on his shoulder. He can also form a complete sentence, and punctuate. Both of which are increasingly rare in this forum. 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Oops. Where should have this question been asked?
    It is very easy to take a wrong meaning when a comment is posted on the net. No way to make the tone sound good or bad unless you can hear a voice. My bookkeeper reminds me of that all the time. I guess if we are looking for a fight we can usually find it. See the Tribute to father from Brad Williams, it that don't make your day then there is no hope.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,744 ✭✭✭✭
     I  double dog dare you to post the auction.:)
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Ha Ha.
    Going to be bad enough as it is, my guess. A nice'n.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    Another way is to email the seller & ask:  "If I win, would you be willing to send me a photocopy of your ID before I send payment?  You have no feedback posted, so it would make me feel better about bidding."  Never had anyone refuse or get upset.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    If you win and it must go though an FFL, the buyer will have to provide ID to your transfer FFL for his records.  Asking for a copy and Neal suggests is entirely reasonable and prudent. 
  • Options
    It won't be coming from an FFL.
    And I do always ask for some sort of photo ID. Who's picture you might get could be anyone, ha, ha.
    Postal MO should be a bit of deterrent since big boys will be involved in transaction. You sure don't want to mess with the USPS, just ask some of the good ole boys about bashing mailboxes in their spare time.
  • Options
    Looks like I will be seeing how the "new" seller turns out, so far so good. Will let you know in a couple days.
    Won't be buying any guns for a day or few. OUCH.
  • Options
    Butchdog2 said:
    Looks like I will be seeing how the "new" seller turns out, so far so good. Will let you know in a couple days.
    Won't be buying any guns for a day or few. OUCH.
     Well, let's see it now.
  • Options
    See item number 859253810, closed auction. H&K 300
  • Options
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/859253810

That is a very clean example, and those 15 round magazines are hard to come by. 
  • Options
    I went to collection 22 magnums after I scrounged up about every version of the 9422 there was. The H&K was the "Holy Grail"
    A little stiff on the price but it is most likely the finest one ever for sale. Mags are not cheap either if you are looking for one to buy.
  • Options
      Ohh that is sweet. I had ONE in my lifetime and it was a dandy. NICE!
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Item arrived today. Could have not asked for a better transaction.
    I don't think there is a better example of the HK to be had. Perfect. Now I am going to need to find a beater to shoot.
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear it tuned out so well. Don't forget to leave the seller positive feedback. 
  • Options
    all ready have