In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Its been a long 12 months.

TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
I know I haven't been a frequent flyer around here lately, but GB having changed the forum, and my having to change my password I got a bit disinterested in all the hoops I was having to jump through to be here.

On top of that I had to have my left ankle fused last March.  I was out of commission for several months.  I had a little scooter under my left knee I used to get around the house for two months, and I was on crutches for another two months.  As soon as I could I pulled my Harley Ultra Limited out of the barn, got it cleaned up & tried to see how I would adjust to riding it.  I put about 300 miles on it in a few days.  I gave it a good attempt at adjusting to it, but it became clear that I wasn't going to be good at balancing it when I came to a stop.  That bikes is very heavy, and with my bad back, and now a weak ankle, I was just unsure of myself on it.  So, after much consideration I rode it to my local Harley shop, & did a trade of a new 2019 Tri-Glide Trike/three wheeler.  

I had several other issues that I had to deal with during the fall that took up a lot of my time.  An attempted trip to Texas for a friends funeral was one, but with my back I couldn't ride in the car any further then Nashville.  Turned around & drove back to NY.  I was locked out of my shop for several weeks this winter, because of the ice in my driveway was at least six inches thick.  I didn't want to slip on the ice like in the past, and do more damage to my back or ankle.  Then in late February I was finally able to have my VA approved Spinal Cord stimulater installed in my back.  Now I can adjust the different programs to help alleviate the pain in my back.  I think this is going to help me out a lot.  Looking forward to getting back in the shop & finishing some of the work that has been put on hold. 

Today I logged in & low and behold my log in name, and post count is back to the way it was before all the changes.  So now I have no reason why I can't hang out here any longer.  Looks like some of you are going to have to put up with me for a while longer, that is unless I succumb to some stupid virus or something... ;)     

Comments