In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

seems a bit early in season......

hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
  just looked out back window and at the edge of the woods is a redbud tree allready in purple color. Normally these are the first to bloom, but they are still 3 weeks or better early.

Comments

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,387 ******
    It must be a sign of something hillbillie!  :o
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭✭
    Where are you Hillbille, I'm in S.C. and we have had a very mild winter so far.  We have had trees budding out the last couple of weeks. 
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,387 ******
    Here in northern lower Michigan, March comes in like a lamb and goes out like a lion many years running.

The fruit farmers get hit a lot from early bud\bloom then very hard frosts that makes farming quite a gamble.   I have seen some of our worst snow storms hit late in March and also in early April.  Always very heavy wet "heart attack" snow this late in the season.  A lot of jokes about us having just 3 months of summer and 9 months of winter but the older I get, I quit laughing!
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
    dreher said:
    Where are you Hillbille, I'm in S.C. and we have had a very mild winter so far.  We have had trees budding out the last couple of weeks. 
      WVa right on ohio river......
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭
    Brookwood said:
    Here in northern lower Michigan, March comes in like a lamb and goes out like a lion many years running.

The fruit farmers get hit a lot from early bud\bloom then very hard frosts that makes farming quite a gamble.   I have seen some of our worst snow storms hit late in March and also in early April.  Always very heavy wet "heart attack" snow this late in the season.  A lot of jokes about us having just 3 months of summer and 9 months of winter but the older I get, I quit laughing!
    I always find it amazing what a few miles will do. We are in Mid- Michigan and have milder weather than even 100 miles north of us. We also have friends that live way up on the Keweenaw peninsula. Not unheard of for them to still have snowbanks in shady areas into July. I was talking to them last week and we discussed that they have 9 months of winter and 3 months of black fly/mosquito season. Bob