In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

All Semi &Precious Metals Going Up Tonight

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
 The 0% interest rate now in effect by The Fed's is why.If big holders of these metals do not step in and sell off some of their stock  to control its value to the dollar then Houston we have a problem!  I know you can not eat metal but this is very disturbing news for it's showing a crack in the system if they don't act to balance it out for the dollar.The stock market futures is off over 1000 points also.
                                    serf
            The vast majority of palladium, more than 80%, is used in these devices that turn toxic gases, such as carbon monoxide, and nitrogen dioxide, into less harmful nitrogen, carbon dioxide, and water vapour.                                                        

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited March 2020
    There aren't many options to park your money.  I've been told that silver, the every-mans metal, is the one to keep an eye on. A big spike in silver means that a lot of currency is coming out of the sock drawers, which means people are expecting the worst. 

Once again, how is it that I see green font in a forum where we are told colored font is impossible?
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,674 ✭✭✭✭
    I think the green shows up when someone copies a specific type thing because I've seen it show up before on a copied post.

I don't know what is going on with the market though???    I have one family member that "plays" around for extra money....they used to do commodities for a living, but changed professions years ago.   They still like to do some trading on the side.   They were telling me I should gather up some funds and do some buying......like I have some hole in my back yard I can gather something from.    

I wish I understood these things and knew anything at all that might help me.     
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    Money and bonds are just another commodity, and traded the same way as gold, silver, oil, wheat and pork bellies...even orange juice. If you don't know what you're doing then you have to hire someone to do it for you; naturally for a fee. The better the managers track record the higher the fee. Take Gun Broker. Anyone can list their gun on the auction site, but many people find the idea of selling guns mysterious, even frightening, or they just don't want to take the time to do it themselves. This is where consignments come into play. You're a smart lady (I mean person), and if you can be a successful gun seller you can be a successful commodities trader. Your problem is that you don't have enough time, and in the commodities game, seconds are precious. That's why the traders have 8 computer monitors running 24-7. I run three monitors and I'm not even considered serious.
  • Options
    You aren't kidding about the monitors.   I don't know how many this family member is running, but I'd guess its 10 or so and this is a retired guy that can't stop himself from keeping up with it.   He swears that Dollar General is a gold mine.   
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    My neighbor across the hall in Panama is a commodities trader and the Panamanian cable company had to put in special high speed connections for him. When we went to lunch and he was up $55,000. When we came back one hour later he was down $15K. No big deal; he's made and lost millions in a month. My guess is that we have members in the forum doing the same thing, but if you're good at it you don't talk about it to anyone except another trader.

It's like being a gun dealer: we discuss it openly here in the forum with our like minded members, but in daily life I seldom, if ever, bring up the subject of firearms in general conversation.
  • Options
    OMG.....you aren't kidding about that.     My brother likes to point out to random people that I'm a gun dealer, why????    We were at dinner yesterday afternoon at Saltgrass and he said this mess to the waitress.   So, of course, she pulls a chair up from another table and starts asking all kinds of nonsense.    I want to pinch the snot out of him whenever that happens.   I've told him SEVERAL times that "what I do is a lot different from retail and I can't help most of the random people with whatever they want".....but he is used to the world where you push people toward whatever your friends do....real estate, car repair, gun dealer, whatever.

• Options
    hobo9650hobo9650 Member Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
    I received an email last Thursday that a certain stock will drop in price from $5.07 (Thursday close price) to $2 per share on opening Monday morning (Mar 16).  If it does, I'm going to jump on board for a bunch.  It will prove to me that the market is more crooked than I thought.  If they know days in advance what a specific stock is going to do, small players like me don't have a chance.
  • Options
    gruntled2gruntled2 Member Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    I have two CDs coming due within the next month & I just saw that Synchrony Bank dropped it's one year CD to 1.8%. I have been getting 2.8% & thought that was bad.:(
  • Options
    I just checked gold & silver prices. 1501/ oz gold & $12.99/oz silver. If this keeps up I know where I am going to put the money from my CDs when they mature. I can't wrap my head around why gold & silver are plunging, it seems it should be the other way around.
  • Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭✭
    A depression is when the value of EVERYTHING goes down.
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    The Fed's can't stop the liquidity trap on selling their bonds. Money loaned out with no interest . Next is charging the saver
     a fee to store their savings. Then a bailout to save the economy and last a bail in to cross over to a one world currency.
                                                               serf
  • Options
    chmechme Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭
    Silver $12.71/oz -0.22     That is 3/17/20 at 3:00 AM
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    There are opportunists and chances for failure all the time. Timing is the key. 

Over time inflation like age always happens. This to shall pass and things will be roaring again in the econ.
  • Options
    hobo9650hobo9650 Member Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
    Going by the bank to withdraw another 9,000 to add to my stash.  Then go see Kasey and pick up that Sig M17 I won Sunday.  Think those plastic credit cards will get thin in a week or two.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    LOL WAY over spot prices right now screw that they can keep it. Silver at 12. and they want 19 for 1 oz LOL No thanks I was getting it at .30-40 cents over spot before the price drop it was actually cheaper
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    Missouri Mule K30Missouri Mule K30 Member Posts: 2,092 ✭✭
    serf said:
    The Fed's can't stop the liquidity trap on selling their bonds. Money loaned out with no interest . Next is charging the saver
     a fee to store their savings. Then a bailout to save the economy and last a bail in to cross over to a one world currency.
                                                               serf

They are charging the saver already by "giving" .01% interest. Then charge outrageous interest on credit cards. I am glad that I am not in that shredder.
  • Options
    It's bad enough that your savings go down in value due to inflation. Then they pay you less in interest than the inflation and THEN CHARGE YOU INCOME TAX on the interest.