In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I spoke to soon!! The handgun ammo shortage is in full swing here in S.C.

dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
There are still plenty of guns available but if you want something to feed your AR you will be looking a long time.  9 mm, 40 S+W, any size buckshot gone, gone, gone!  Hunting rifle ammo, 7 1/2 shot size shotgun shells are there for anyone to buy in any quantity.   I was surprised by how much 38 special ammo was available, so I bought a box of 30-30 and a box of 38 Special.  I'm not sure why but I guess I had to buy something!!!    

Comments

• 76k2076k20 Member Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    About the same here.  What is available will likely be gone soon. 
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    I am good for any caliber .
  • kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭
    The last shortage on .22 was so severe that I am sure most folks on here are 'loaded' with ammo. 
  • mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭
    cabelas mich pistol gone,556 gone, buckshot gone  still have 22 and bird shot
  • fatcat458fatcat458 Member Posts: 380 ✭✭✭
    Cabelas in Augusta is sold out of ALL 223, 308, 9mm and 22s.  Just a little over a week ago the place was running over with ammo. 0ne guy said it went much faster than in 2016 or even in 2008. Cabelas is almost the only game in town for ammo now... No more competition from WalMart. All the KMarts are closed/gone. Same with local gun shops. Just 10 short yrs ago we had maybe a half dozen local shops open. They have all vanished too. Between the online sellers and locals closing, ceasing ammo sales its hard to find ammo these days.. l really feel sad for our NY, NJ, CALI, ILL shooters
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,453 ✭✭✭✭
      Have not looked for any ammo may next time in town but not expecting much . I have 30k or so  22 lr could do some  TP  trading I guess LOL ) youngest son and his closest buddy loads 5.56 and 9mm  they have  two Dillon 650' ( i think that is  the model number ) set up one for the 5.56 and one for the 9mm so no need for me to buy any 
     I just think if the whole shut down panic buying last a few more weeks its going to get real interesting 
    if ther fighting over TP now whats it going to be like in a couple more weeks
    wife and oldest so tell me the stores are wiped out  even a butcher hop we go to my wife said the cases were bare except for a few high end steaks 
    but I did see gas on the local news for 1.55 a gallon close by us 

• franksshootingfranksshooting Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Several wholesalers tell me 9mm ammo is drying up, starting next week it will be allocated. It seems some 9mm if mfg out of the country and the corona virus is halting the mfg and shipping. Most other ammo will follow .in the very near future. This was my post from March 6th The responses I got was plenty of ammo...Look was has happened in 11 days!

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
     My FFL got cleaned out last night, part timer who is open at night but the farmers showed up in force and took all his 9mm, 17HMR?, 380, 223, 308.
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,148 ✭✭✭✭
    I've got way more ammo than I need and will gladly share with friends at zero cost to them if needed   :) .......Hell, I've gone into combat a number of times with only @210 rds and found that most times that was enough   ;)

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭
    Why the run on ammo. (are they going to need a gun to get toilet paper????????????)
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    Dang I should have posted here instead I can't seem to delete my post
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • hobo9650hobo9650 Member Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
    Got an email from PSA today that  "Due to the heavy demand, expect a 10 day delay in shipping".