In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SC Utility Company

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
Our Electric company just sent an email that they are reconnecting cutoff power from non paying folks and leaving power on for those behind in their bills until this corono virus is over. They will not shut off power if a bill is owed.  Wonderful. Tenants won't pay a dime and then run up months of electric bills.

Comments

• Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭

PUC did the same thing last week.

• Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    fatcat458fatcat458 Member Posts: 386 ✭✭✭
    l used to collect money on bounced checks for a company years ago. l pulled up to this residence and inquired if Harry Burton was home. Stated my business saying I was here to collect for the check.. l noticed his power meter looked quite ODD..  lt just didn't look quite right. 0le Harry hollered out from inside, ''Wait just a minute, l've got something for you''.  This light came on in my head. There was a set of ''JUMPER CABLES'' bypassing the meter..  At that moment l decided l didn't really need to SEE what Harry had for ME.:o
  • Options
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Nice but all these forbearance's and extension are going to saddle those least capable of catching up into a spiraling vortex of doom debt plan. Car payments, rents, Etc. Etc. can be deferred but they won't be forgotten. That coupled with a real potential of a depression due to millions out of work for God only knows how long this thing has all the makings of a real mess. Locally our little town outlawed keeping chickens, my retort is now they have egg on their faces! Americans have become reliant on Government handouts and living day to day. Not the best times, hoarders and preppers have to be grinning ear to ear right now!
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    When people think having the newest Iphone with unlimited streaming, nails done at a parlor and getting tattoo's is a priority they forget things like rent, electric, gas and food knowing someone will bail them out of their self created mess.
  • Options
    Delay payments... then the company will add late fees to make payments impossible. 
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭
    Like many things, it came about for a good reason, to help the good folks in desperate times. Of course there will be the typical bottom feeders abusing it for whatever they can milk it for.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,919 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm involved  with a utility Co. here  in Wisc.  After a reasonable time, letters etc. we're allowed to place the "in the rears" owed on their R.E. tax bill.