In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cuomo’s news conference...

WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
I just watched Gov Cuomo’s corona news conference.  While I’m a Trump supporter and don’t agree with Coumo’s policies, Cuomo’s conference was great.  He reminded me of FDR’s fireside chats.  Gave a bunch of information clearly and as far as I know, impartially and accurately.  Threw in a bunch of personal details.  No politics involved - just “here’s the info and here’s what we’re doing.”  
Trump, on the other hand, is increasingly a worse public speaker.  That’s not to say that I feel that the admin isn’t making progress, just that Trump’s speeches are (poorly) read from a prompter and don’t make me feel as confident as Cuomo’s...  I know that he’s under tremendous pressure but Trump either needs to improve (can you spell Toastmasters?) or should step aside and let Pence do all the talking.
”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
- GEORGE ORWELL -

Comments

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    There is precious little Trump can do that has not already been in the works.  Munchin said the next step is to give relief in the form of cash to Americans.  A grand in peoples pockets will stimulate the economy.  No worries, we just print more ones and zero's; schzaam  its called money.
  • Options
    ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭
    Cuomo is a putz..people are leaving the state in droves. If you don't live in NYC...you don't exist in his mind.
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,653 ******
    I started to turn him off, but I enjoyed hearing him talk. Though I wouldn’t pee on him if his hair was on fire, he is a good speaker. I wouldn’t mind having a beer with him and try to change his mind on some things.
  • Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    free money given to every one is total waste.....booze and cigarette sellers would be happy...i can just see some almost child abuser lowlife family with a FREE $4000  glob of money hit em in the side of their head.....