In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

An Open Letter To serf

mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
As a forum admin I feel it is important to admit when I'm wrong, and I was certainly wrong about the virus. Much of what you were warning us about two months ago has come to pass. In some cases it has been even worse than you predicted. Like others, I laughed it off, but now it is no laughing matter. You took the criticism in stride. You never lost your temper or became angry or argumentative. The two virus posts per day which I imposed on you is lifted. 

I could have PM'd this message to you, but I prefer that the membership know about it. Carry on. Mark C.

Comments

• Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of his posts have been real misses, but even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and then. At least there is no shortage of tin foil.
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
     Like a man once told me,it takes a wise man to admit he was in error and in public even more. Forewarned is forearmed and keep your powder dry. ;)
                                                     serf

• Options
    medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    Class act Mark...seriously.
    Like you and many others I was skeptical about the virus and its impact.  I am still not convinced that it will have the mortality rate that some are predicting, but I was off target when I didn't think it would have this large of an economical impact to this country.
    I may still be wrong on the mortality rate (and hope I am not), but I still may be off on the depth of economical impact.
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    WELL DONE Mark, well done. 
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    The first symptom of having the Covid Virus is admitting you were wrong.
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    Missouri Mule K30Missouri Mule K30 Member Posts: 2,092 ✭✭
  • Options
    sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭

I have never understood the constant barrage of vitriol launched against serf.

You imposed a limit on his virus posts??

You SHOULD be ashamed Mark!

What or who do any of his posts hurt?

Those who whine n cry like middle school cheerleaders?

If you don't like em, don't read em.

Way before you, Mark, or most of the current members, we had a long time and respected member who almost never contributed anything but cut n paste information. (Nunn knows who I'm referring to)

He seldom wrote a post himself, but provided these forums with a wealth of information. Now, that's seen as some sort of personality flaw.

What a flock of pouty, whiny little drama queens!

Arrivederci gigi
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited March 2020
    All I could do was to apologize. If that isn't good enough I don't know what more I can say or do to atone. serf seems good with my apology, so I'm not sure what your beef is, unless its with me personally.  "Way before me?" sxsnuf, you've been a member for 11 months longer than myself. I don't feel that those 11 months gives you any special insight into the forum which I lack. The forum itself had only been in existence roughly two years before I joined. That hardly seems like a huge amount of time, but your mileage may vary. As far as as not reading posts: it isn't possible for me to read everything posted here in the forums, but pulling double duty as a moderator and an administrator, I try to read as many as I can because it seems like a fight breaks out in every thread I don't read. if you can do a better job administrating the forum, feel free to expound your qualifications.  
  • Options
    OK, fair enough. I don't remember you from those days, but that's good. Then you remember the long deceased member I refer to. What's the difference between most of what he posted and most of what serf posts??
    And if serf is fine with your apology, then I s'pose nobody else should voice an opinion about the abuse he endures, and you participate in here. 
    Arrivederci gigi
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    I think its a lame stream media induced problem. Russia Russia Russia Russia was all they could report for years, now its Corona Corona Corona Corona.  More people have died from the regular flu, car accidents, drug overdoses, being to fat....

I'm thankful to be able to read and post here for free.  I think the mods do a great job and for the most part so do all the members.

Free money isn't the answer in the long run.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    A lot of people thought the first person who said the earth wasn't flat were wrong too!
    Serf's information may not always be right but it is food for thought.
    Mark well done.

Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭✭
    I have not been a serf fan so most of the time I don't open his posts.  Simple solution to a nonexistent problem!  When you came down on Serf I thought you were over reacting.  An apology is usually the sign of a good person so it works for me!
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭
    You're a class act, Mr. Christian.  Well done. 
  • Options
    mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭
    Mark you are a class act an a gentleman
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,389 ***** Forums Admin
    You're a class act, Mr. Christian.  Well done. 
    Yes he is a class act!
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,333 ******
    Mark, you go above and beyond. I like it. I give serf a hard time too, so serf I too apologize for ridicule over COVID-19 I have thrown your way.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Group Hug!! ......................................................................................🤗

• Options
    JohnERebJohnEReb Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    Although Mark is a long time member, I believe his moderator status has only been within the past 1-2 years. So comparing his decisions now to moderating decisions before he became a moderator doesn't seem fair.

• Options
     No, that wouldn't be fair. Who was doing that?
    Arrivederci gigi
This discussion has been closed.