In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Senators Dumped Millions $$$ of Stock After Reassuring Public About Coronavirus Preparedness

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
  You knew some would take advantage but if these dumb congressmen did not have the sense to do it before being brief than they need to go. There double idiots.Just think how many did this on their own before wall street collapse, only the little people pay taxes and invest their 401ks into oblivion.
                                                       serf
              Four senators are scrambling to explain why they sold stocks after nonpublic briefings in January on the threat of the coronavirus.

Facing calls for his resignation for selling as much as $1.72 million in stocks weeks before the market crashed, the Senate Intelligence Committee chair Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC) asked congressional investigators to probe whether his actions amounted to insider trading.

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    his district should have a recall election
  • Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭
    little lates Washington officals have been doing this since day one,,fienstine made her stash the same way not a word was said
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭

I dumped the balance of my index funds as the virus was starting to gain attention. To my knowledge, I was not privy to any insider info.

dumped half last year when the Dow crossed 29,000, and other half in late January/early February IIRC.

There are more important things to get worked up about than people maki g a logical investment decision.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
      The baby boomers who invested in the stock market are being wiped out on their retirement nest egg.Do we bail them out too?
      People are fed up with the system and it's showing.A few Congress people who cut and run after being briefed is fair game.
       Remember they were Republicans and it's a big election year.
                                                              serf
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    Politicians should be REQUIRED to put their businesses and financial holdings in "third party trusts" while in office. 
  • Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    congressional seller asks congress to investigate his sale ??????????  well, should certainly bring out something????
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Will never happen, but there needs to be some people going to jail.

At the very least - You lose your job/position.