In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

FDIC Chairman Jelena McWilliams says not to worry!

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2020 in Politics

Your money is safe and please leave all your cash money in the bank please. What's that new saying on the internet now? Hindsight is 20/20?
                                   serf
FDIC Chairman Jelena McWilliams explains that the best place to keep your money is in an FDIC-insured bank.

March 24th 2020

The FDIC only has $109 billion to insure the entire $13 trillion US banking system. That’s less than 1%!

Comments

• spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    makes it easy to steal.....or confiscate it and issue new money about 1 of theirs to 10 of yours...govt stopped the use of gold dead in it tracks, it can do it to paper
  • BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    I am a fan of cash and probably have more than I need around the house for emergencies. That being said I don't use much cash in my everyday life. Credit cards that give me a rebate for using are more convenient. I don't pay any interest and use online banking to pay off the balance each month. I very seldom see many people using cash anywhere I frequent. Cash is anonymous for your purchases but if stolen how do you recover it? If your credit card is hacked/stolen you aren't liable for any erroneous charges made. So I guess I'll take my chances and leave most of my money in the bank. Bob
  • truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭
    Just remember, money is simply what the government says it is. It used to be gold and silver. Then it became small pieces of paper with fancy designs, backed by gold and silver. Then they took away the gold and silver backing. Now it is just a number in a data base somewhere, a number that can be added to or adjusted up and down at will. Feel confident yet??