In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

They're all gonners, most likely. Yikes.

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,509 ✭✭✭✭
    This is inexcusable given the example of the Life Care Center in Kirkland, WA.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    Damn shame.
    The Germans must be made of some kind of steel! Look at the death rate for their country versus everyone else 43K cases 239 deaths! WTH have they figured out?
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,440 ******
    Very sad.  My oldest brother is in a local nursing home after suffering a severe stroke a little over a year ago. The current situation has eliminated all family direct contact and he is totally in the hands of his care givers.  They have even locked him in his room with no admittance anywhere in the facility.   Our prisoners have more freedom right now! 
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    If I hadn't gone through what I went through with both of my parents in the past 5 years I might think this was a maybe a good thing, BUT, and let me be clear, it is NOT a good thing!
    My parents bought a complete solution at one of the most expensive retirement communities in the country, from independent living all the way to assisted care and nursing home in one package.  And let me tell you, this place was NICE too!  Well, it was nice on the front end, but the situation deteriorated as residents moved along the process.  And what I mean by this is, the quality of life and in particular quality of care as a resident went steadily downhill as you moved through the program.
    In the nursing home phase I personally felt like the mentality was the quicker you died the sooner you'd be outta' there and off their watch.  Geriatric care is such a thankless field, and the profession is rife with people who only do it because that's the only job they can get. 
    That whole experience really pissed me off, and I'm still mad about it.  If I could prove wanton neglect I don't know what I'd do, probably sue (and I'm not a lawsuit kind of person either).
    This kind of a mentality doesn't bode well for this virus situation at all.

I know what you mean FCD. The situation is bad-- just like that-- most every place I have looked.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,281 ✭✭✭✭
    I worked 300 nursing home calls as a paramedic and that is an understatement.  Probably went in there 500 times.
    I ain't going back.  I will not be admitted to a nursing home.