In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Stock Market up three days in a row

mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
IF I were a betting man I would say we are still in for a rough ride though. My guess is after the reality of the "quick fix" checks wears thin another big drop down is in store as this continues to ravage through our Country. Sadly I don't think we are near a peak in the virus or near a low in the market. Time will tell. I pray that science and medicine find a miracle or God hands them one.
Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!

Comments

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Virus is just getting started. Pray for those in the big cities.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited March 2020
    $2 trillion will perk up the markets, but that money isn't "real". Real money is produced in the private sector while government money is created out of thin air. It's a quick infusion of cash, just like the $1200 checks most people are supposed to be getting (I'm not holding my breath waiting for my own check), but it will solve none of the underlying problems of an economy which is headed for the edge. Much like 2008, it is going to be a slow recovery for the markets.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    This is morbid but I wonder how the Death industry will do?  Caskets, Cremations, flowers Etc. ?

Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
     Running through Old folks homes like wildfire!
                           serf

The authors warn that outbreaks like these can affect other facilities such as assisted living communities, jails and group homes. Special attention to these situations will be required to curb the continued spread of this pandemic.
  • Options
    WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    I agree that even with the disgusting 2T pork barrel, I think that the fun has just begun.  The US, and the market to follow, isn’t going to get real stability and growth until a couple of months after a cure / vaccine has proven effective.  Only then will the engine run on all 8 cylinders.
    and since the military always equips for the last war, I see biotech and medical stocks surging as we start manufacturing medical items here again.  Other industries _should_ also start coming back to the US as well.
    im holding a large chunk of cash in my account and hope to grab some cheap bellwethers at their next hiccup.
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    Fiat money backed by nothing............glad the market is coming back but it is bull * all the same
  • Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭✭
    we haven't hit the peak yet yoyo