In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How was your day ?? I had a great one and never left the farm...a couple pics..

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,668 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2020 in General Discussion
We will try this again....the last one went wonkey when I tried to edit it...

I woke up this a.m. and got rolling.  I walked 3,5 miles to get the day started.  I took some time for prayer, study and meditation to refresh and keep a positive outlook.  Several texts with my oldest son to check in on him...
Followed by texts with a couple of my friends to see how they are doing.  I next did some paperwork for the farm
and after lunch headed off to fish.  The 2nd pic was the largest of 12  I caught.  Not much to look at but it got me outside in the fresh air.  I had a chance to watch the birds and turtles do their thing and enjoyed the time.

I arrived back home and fired up the grill.  Three different critters gave their lives for our supper....burgers, brats and backstrap !!!!   A salad and big old glass of tea made a great meal.....I spent a chunk of the evening sitting on the porch with my bride, talking and waiving at neighbors as they drove by....

I did not watch the news today, nor did I listen to any talk radio, so NO loud angry voices in my ear today...So how was your day ?    I hope you all are finding some peace in your lives during this interesting time of history...… 

Comments

• Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,471 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing. I'm hoping to retire to your area someday looking for place in Boone or Callaway
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭
    Not on this farm. Cloudy, chilly, and dreary all day. Phone calls, texts, emails all related to the chinesium flu. Answering questions from above and below on the work ladder. Moving a farm tractor that required a truck and trailer plus a loader on each end to set the loading ramps took most of the morning. Wedging the relocated tractor into barn space barely big enough followed by an oil change and some detail work used up most of the afternoon.
    I have been thinking about seeing if the fish would bite but seems like something else comes along before I get there.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Savage170.....It took me a while to get used to the slower pace of life here, but now I can't imagine living anywhere else.
    I hope you can get yourself here at the earliest possible moment !!
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,471 ✭✭✭✭
    It will be at least 7 years I grew up South of the river but done a lot of hunting in Montgomery and Callaway counties
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,977 ✭✭✭✭
    You know that turtle don't you?  Found a mess of those out walking between lakes and ponds out that way over the years I was there. 
  • Options
    He Dog said:
    You know that turtle don't you?  Found a mess of those out walking between lakes and ponds out that way over the years I was there. 
    a big snapper..?

• Options
    Yup, you got it.  A pond will have a large male, some females and juveniles.  When a young male hits maturity they either get pushed out or leave on their own to find their own water.  With the number of lakes and ponds out that way they do get around.  Meet more girls that way too.  I have found them walking a mile from the nearest pond.  They eat a lot of carrion, some frogs, fish, and ducks as well. 
  • Options
    Nice bluegill, in my view about the tastiest fish there is. :)
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,463 ***** Forums Admin
    "How was your day ?? I had a great one and never left the farm...a couple pics.."

So ya took a trip without leavin' the farm, did ya? Seems to me I heard a song about that once!
    :D

As always great pics, I always enjoy your picture postings!