In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Curly Neal, Harlem Globetrotter died 1942-2020

discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,421 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2020 in General Discussion
world famous entertainer Curly Neal died recently.. a basketball legend,  brought smiles to millions of fans throughout the years  he will be missed  

Comments

• Options
    dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭✭
    I got to see him, Meadowlark Lemon, and pretty tall guy that I don't recall the name.
    Curly was a fabulous ball handler and entertainer.

definitely goodwill ambassadors with a basketball.
    RIP Mr Curly Neal.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    He entertained tens of millions of people. Not many can say that. RIP.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
     I had seen them about 6 times. What a class group of people. RIP my brother.
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Seeing that smile on his face is how I always remember seeing him, and his team. What a great group of guys, who brought so much happiness and entertainment to so many. Very few can say that they brought so much enjoyment to so many people. RIP.....
  • Options
    arraflipperarraflipper Member Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭
    Saw them a few times, they sure were performers and put on a great show.  RIP Curly!
  • Options
    m88.358winm88.358win Member Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    My dad took me to see The Harlem Globetrotters in the 60's. They were playing for some charity at our small home town high school. I was shocked, I could not believe what I was seeing, it was some kind of fantastic magic. RIP Curly.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Seen them in the 70's  RIP
  • Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭✭
    The Harlem Ambassadores (the B team) came to our little town for an exhibition game in the early 60's. There were 2 of the Globetrotters that made the trip also. Curly was one of them. My memory is a little fuzzy but I think they introduced him as the "Clown Prince of Basketball".  It was the most fun I had ever seen on a basketball court. :D

Sorry to hear he passed. He probably made more people laugh than any comedian ever did, a real class act.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    A great entertainer, same them as a kid.  peace in your travels.