In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Possible Bright Atlas Comet in May?

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
Could it be a sign?
           serf

This comet has the potential to be a very bright object, when it comes within the heat of the Sun, in May of this year.

Comments

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Don't know about the comet. But if you go out an hour before sunrise right now, you can see the glorious spectacle of golden Saturn, crimson Mars, and bright diamond Jupiter in the southeast sky, blazing brighter than anything else near there.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    missed it....heavy fog
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭
    They're right there every morning, spas. I've been watching them dance closer together for weeks now. This is about as close as they're going to get, as Mars drifts East and Saturn drifts West. It'll be spectacular for another week or so.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
     The comet will glow green and if A GREAT COMET IT WILL SHINE.
                                  serf
          Green is also traditionally associated with money, finances, banking, ambition, greed, jealousy, and wall street.

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,440 ******
    Comets have always interested me since my grandmother told me her story of seeing Haley's Comet back in 1910 when she was 9 years old.   She said it lit up the sky over the coarse of several nights and made quite a public stir back then.   The coolest thing was paying a visit to see her when the comet returned in 1986!  She was a bit disappointed when it didn't come close to her memories version on its last visit but she still smiled brightly making up for such a dull comet showing!

I enjoyed watching the Hale Bopp comet on many evenings back in '95.  I had this feeling that my grandma who was now in Heaven had something to do with the spectacular show it put on.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    I find the solar system and our universe absolutely fascinating.
  • Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    yepper ..still have a couple of big books with great pics by Carl Sagan  that just open a tiny window on the fantastic cosmos...presented in a manner all can grasp....i remember just a few years ago when we here in sc kansas went out on a hill and watched a full eclipse of the moon....2nd bonus was seeing how much of our milky way was  obscured by our light even out here away from cities.....so many more stars visible then, that was awesome
  • Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever watch the movie “” night of the comet”” I think I will stay inside