In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Neighborhood Residents Fight Over Food Right in Front of My House!!

FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭✭
Ok, not what you're thinking......but a neat sight nonetheless. Basically the animal version of what is going on at Walmart over a role of toilet paper.  Just wish I could have captured photos/video:
So there I was, sitting on my front porch just after sun-up. Over the house comes one of the resident ospeys with a good-size fish in its grip. In hot-pursuit was one of the local bald eagles, who proceeded to dive hard on the osprey. The two locked up mid-flight and nearly fell out of the sky. They then recovered and proceeded to chase each other in circles around my front yard, barrel-rolling and fighting. Finally, the osprey dropped the fish in the yard and took off. The eagle flew over and sat on the ridge of the neighbor's roof. Then, the osprey returned, repeatedly swooping and diving at the eagle, who just sat and took it in stride. Eventually the osprey gave up and left. The eagle then moved in to collect the fish out of my yard, but before he got there, about 10 crows showed up and went after him, making a huge ruckous. Some chased him, while the others made an attempt at the fish. It was too big for them to carry off, though. Eventually, the eagle made his move, swooped in, grabbed the fish and was gone. Really neat scene to watch play out. Amazing how cool and composed the eagle was the whole time. No question he is dominant in the area.

Comments