In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I finally got through!!!

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
After many calls with the same BS for 10-12 minutes I got put on hold for the next available service person.  It took 38 minutes on hold to get to the person, listening to bad canned music and a too often recording telling me I could go to the web site to sign up.  No I could not, the email and PIN from over a decade ago are long gone.  Why it took a live person to tell them my email was different from what it was in 2007 is an example of how bad dealing with Government is.  I had no idea of what the email addy was all those years ago.
Well, after giving my SSN the lady changed my email in the system sending me a new one time use PIN to my current email addy.  The email they had on file was a company that was out of business for a long time.  Why would any business keep emails and PIN numbers over an unemployment claim from a decade ago.  It is CRAZY.  I had to give the recording my date of birth, SSN, drivers license number and zip code.  Me thinks the system could verify me, but no way, I had to talk to a person giving just my SSN and she changed it in the system.
So, I am now unemployed, for at least two weeks, and signed up as such for the Covid 19 crisis.  My basement has never been cleaner or more organized.  I also got over 1,000 rounds of 9MM loaded today.  I cannot fathom why ANYONE thinks having Government in charge of health care is a good idea.

Comments

• Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,849 ✭✭✭✭

I am hearing the fed is stacking an unemployment benefit on top of state benefits. Hopefully you can tie into that.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    Glad you got it all sorted!  What a headache.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain