In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The orange turnip just called up many in the reserves.

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
Schtuff just got real folks. Observe:
https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/eo-order-selected-reserve-certain-members-individual-ready-reserve-armed-forces-active-duty/

EO to Order the Selected Reserve and Certain Members of the Individual Ready Reserve of the Armed Forces to Active Duty

Issued on: March 27, 2020

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1601 et seq.),  and in furtherance of Proclamation 9994 of March 13, 2020 (Declaring a National Emergency Concerning the Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak), which declared a national emergency by reason of the threat that the novel (new) coronavirus known as SARS-CoV-2 poses to our Nation’s healthcare systems, I hereby order as follows:

Section 1.  Emergency Authority.  To provide additional authority to the Secretaries of Defense and Homeland Security to respond to the national emergency declared by Proclamation 9994, the authorities under section 12302 of title 10, United States Code, and sections 2127, 2308, 2314, and 3735 of title 14, United States Code, are invoked and made available, according to their terms, to the Secretaries of Defense and Homeland Security.  The Secretaries of the Army, Navy, and Air Force, at the direction of the Secretary of Defense, and the Secretary of Homeland Security with respect to the Coast Guard when it is not operating as a service in the Navy, are authorized to order to active duty not to exceed 24 consecutive months, such units, and individual members of the Ready Reserve under the jurisdiction of the Secretary concerned, not to exceed 1,000,000 members on active duty at any one time, as the Secretary of Defense and, with respect to the Coast Guard when it is not operating as a service in the Navy, the Secretary of Homeland Security consider necessary.  The Secretary of Defense or the Secretary of Homeland Security, as applicable, will ensure appropriate consultation is undertaken with relevant state officials with respect to the utilization of National Guard Reserve Component units activated under this authority.

Sec2.  General Provisions.  (a)  Nothing in this order shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:

(i)   the authority granted by law to an executive department or agency, or the head thereof; or

(ii)  the functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.

(b)  This order shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.

(c)  This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

DONALD J. TRUMP

THE WHITE HOUSE,
March 27, 2020.

Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
Some will die in hot pursuit
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    The best President of my lifetime for sure.
  • Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭

Ill be proud to vote for him again

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,735 ******
    I would rather see Marshall Dillon than marital law.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    He is on every day. Although he has been shot 2500 times he is bullet proof from death .
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Maybe time to thank the Corpsman again.Seems they never got a break.
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭✭
    jimdeere said:
    I would rather see Marshall Dillon than marital law.
    I think you meant to say martial law. Marital law is when Judy puts her foot down.😀 Bob
  • Options
    No, I meant marital law. I’ve been through that, twice. It’s no fun.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

Good on him. Great entertainment watching the open border DEMOCRAT media get the jimjams. Trump can never please these haters.  

"Orange Turnip" sounds like something we would hear on CNN.

• Options
    I support my President.
  • Options
    dok2udok2u Member Posts: 100
    edited March 2020
    Why is it that you feel compelled to insult the President of the United States?  Are you compensating for some personal short-coming or are you just a nasty sob demoncrap?  You may want to change your name to something more appropriate such as Mr. A..hole.
  • Options
    dok2u said:
    Why is it that you feel compelled to insult the President of the United States?  Are you compensating for some personal short-coming or are you just a nasty sob demoncrap?  You may want to change your name to something more appropriate such as Mr. A..hole.

He has a talking horse that should come along and agree with him soon. 
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    No doubt it's time to call in air strikes.   Going to have to turn NYC to glass for the sake of the nation.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    chiefr said:

Good on him. Great entertainment watching the open border DEMOCRAT media get the jimjams. Trump can never please these haters.  

Yeah another triggered d-rat saying.   LMAO 
    Your with Trump or your with the d-rats at this point. 

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,461 ***** Forums Admin
    mjrfd99 said:
    chiefr said:

Or maybe you're with the constitution. But then many do not consider that when they are slamming a group for "drinking kool-aide" they're doing the same thing.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the call up is for medical personnel. 

I spent 6 years in the Ready Reserve in a field hospital unit.  All of our medical professionals (doctors, nurses, pharmacists) were already working in the local community, so there would have been no point in activating us during a medical crisis.

OTOH, there are a lot of reserve units with rifles & vehicles --- just the thing you need to put down riots in the inner cities.  Lots of LEOs are sick or quarantined, the streets are deserted, & most of the government service agencies are shut down.  I think that Trump is worried about that possibility.
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭

I would like to see them utilized in order to seal our Borders. We do not (especially now) need large groups entering our Country illegally. Our Medical resources, and all of our resources in general, will already be streatched thin without this added burden on our Country. Time to make it happen. It has all been a lot of talk thus far.

• Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
     Wait until they cancel The election in November because of isolation orders, they The Democrats are already coming unglued if the government tries it. National guard troops will be needed.
             Kind'a like that creeping gun control acts that have spawn the last few years! Could this be both sides meeting in the middle?

serf
  • Options

On a Federal Level, the POTUS has the power to impose marital law. Article 1 section 9 of the US Constitution. 

• Options
    Unless some liberal federal judge rules against him.
    (I’m not advocating for martial law.)
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    They are saying 5 or 6 major cities will have their own epidemics after N.Y.C. so Trump just might declare martial law but The Democrats are not going to like it. Especially up North and California. End of May before the virus cools down.
                                                               serf
  • Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭

I still have many friends in trucking , they stop by and call every chance , lately to get something to eat and a shower,, distribution warehouse are starting to run low on almost everything imported which is more than people believe, plenty of fresh meat but canned stuff , meat and veggies are starting to be rationed, good friend delivered to a Walmart distribution today and barely had 1/2 trailer full ,,, How many canneries are shut down ??? I don’t know,, might be why Trump wants people back to work,, anyway if food starts running low he will need martial law

• Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******

Since when can the executive branch ban anything by decree? You may not care now, but no be whining when the precedent is used to ban an accessory you do care about.

BTW - Obama wanted to do this, but the DOJ said it lacked the authority.

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,730 ✭✭✭✭

I think Mr perfect is still all upset about his bump stocks going away when most of us didnt really care or knew it was a matter of time till they were banned by the atf anyhow. Im a little more concerned about that nasty anti gun bill that they are trying to pass now requiring a license to own a firearm or purchase ammunition and forbidding you from owning one if related to a felon

Had you been more concerned about the bump stock ban and added your voice to the other dissenting voices then you might not be in a position to be worrying about the crap they're trying to pass now.  
    Bite by bite they'll eat away at all of our rights because folks that aren't directly affected sit on their hands and do nothing. 
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    mjrfd99 said:
    chiefr said:

Or maybe you're with the constitution. But then many do not consider that when they are slamming a group for "drinking kool-aide" they're doing the same thing.
    The constitution isn't worth the paper it's printed on any more with this totally corrupted government.  
    They pick and choose which laws to obey.
    Same here except it's not which laws but ALL laws.  
    An outsider got in and they ALL panicked like the criminal RICO gangs they are. 
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,461 ***** Forums Admin

I think Mr perfect is still all upset about his bump stocks going away when most of us didnt really care or knew it was a matter of time till they were banned by the atf anyhow. Im a little more concerned about that nasty anti gun bill that they are trying to pass now requiring a license to own a firearm or purchase ammunition and forbidding you from owning one if related to a felon

Had you been more concerned about the bump stock ban and added your voice to the other dissenting voices then you might not be in a position to be worrying about the crap they're trying to pass now.  
    Bite by bite they'll eat away at all of our rights because folks that aren't directly affected sit on their hands and do nothing. 
    Totally amazing how thick the skull is on some of these people. 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    GreatGuns said:
    chiefr said:

On a Federal Level, the POTUS has the power to impose marital law. Article 1 section 9 of the US Constitution. 

Yep, that's why I suggested our President would be taking that step next. I predict by Wednesday and he won't have much choice. Too many yahoo's are disregarding the warnings and are ultimately putting others at risk by their selfish acts. Jim

Yep. All Trump is asking is to restrict travel and self quarantine if you are in areas hit with severe outbreaks. Yet people are fleeing NY, NJ, and CT anyway to states such as FL and spreading the disease. These people don't care about anybody but themselves.

Self quarantine and restricted travel works. That is how Korea stopped the spread.

Every time Trump tries to be proactive, he is bombarded with a chorus of hate filled DEMOCRATs and their allies in the media telling him he is wrong.  

• Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,477 ✭✭✭✭
    These people don't care about anybody but themselves.
    Love thy neighbor is not practiced as much any more