In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Man I screwed up again

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
The last time was in the spring of 1967 but I have done it again. The Winchester 101 I listed has the wrong stock and receiver. Two Winchester 101 skeet guns came in, one 28 ga and one .410. I wanted to wait to list the .410 so didn't pay much attention to it. Well I opened the fitted case and took the little gun out and then realized the barrel S?N didn't match the receiver. What the heck??  Yep they had been mixed up at some point and I didn't notice when I photographed the 28. Well I just wrote a long explanation on the auction side. That was all I could think to do. There are already 16 bids but there are over two days left so hopefully it will turn out ok.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/862379591

Comments

• Options
    mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭
    It has happened to the best of them. Not to worry it will work out. Better to catch it now before you had shipped it out.
  • Options
    KnifecollectorKnifecollector Member Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭
     Did you put the .410 barrel back on it's original receiver ?  Are both guns listed ?  If so, maybe the buyer will get both guns and all will be ok. 
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    I just got the email update. Amazing how many little details a guy can overlook when listing an item.....
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭

If I may make an observation - not a criticism...

With the barrel dismounted from the receiver...

Two areas aficionados will want to see pictured are the water table and the vertical front face of the receiver..

You can tell alot about how much use these guns have seen by visual inspection of those two flat surfaces - especially were the brass ring / primer top of the shell gets imprinted on the metal...

That and how tight the gun locks up and gravity drops open when the lever gets pushed...

Serious bidders will stay in or email or call - you handled it like a pro.

Mike

• Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭
    Ricci, I think it's about time you check into "the home".  :D
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    It sounds like prison is the only fair remedy for all.  Pull your time with your chin up!   I was going to bid on that Det Spl but $850 was my limit....sigh the white man keeping me down
  • Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭✭
    Back when i had my FFL, I ordered a high grade Winchester M70 from a big national supplier. When it arrived, I started entering the info in my book, and noticed the ser # didn't match the invoice OR the label on the box! Three different numbers for one rifle. We finally got it straightened out between me the supplier, and some other FFL somewhere. I got a call from ATF a couple of weeks later asking if I wanted to file a complaint on the supplier, told them no, just a human error.