In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Grocery Run Just Now -

KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Food Lion was pretty much wiped out. Lettuce, peanuts, pasta, ground beef, canned goods, sandwich meat, bread, (which is what I went in there for.) Only thing available was $5.99/loaf Artisian bread. Grabbed one of only five left. Wing buffet shut down to "protect our customers." Butter, eggs, milk, etc. etc. Looked ugly, not desperate yet, but I'd venture it is coming.

Laughed with another single Dude. "Looks like Russia. At least we still have Beer. Gonna get ugly after that."

$70 bucks for a head of lettuce, two 1 lb. packs of sandwich meat, (ham and turkey.) Some Peanuts, a pack of inexpensive tubed ground beef, (all that was available.) a 12.5 lb. Bag of "Grain Free," Beneful dog food, a 24 pack of beer, some mayonnaise, fresh grapes, felt bent over when all said and done.

Not hurting for food. [Stockpiled] (But) I would bet it is coming, like we have not experienced it before.

Comments

• Options

Two cases rumored to be in our small very rural town.

One supposedly a Pharmacist at Walgreens. How many people, medications/bottles and interactions do you guess he had? Not good.

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    I am buying lots of Folgers Black Silk Coffee and more can goods. This could get bad.
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,399 ******
    Ken, are you taking any precautions; face mask, gloves, cleaning the food brought into your house, etc.?

Shopping around here in my town is like an episode of the Outer Limits!   It is starting to get to me and I could easily become paranoid!   
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭

I am glad you mentioned dog food...

Many will get caught short of pet food and supplies - a dog can eat people food for awhile but other critters cannot.

Mike

• Options

I have read, and seen where people are stocking up on dog food to protect their Pets. Most admirable. My Dog Buddy, is my best friend. I really stress, about what would happen to him, in my passing.

Chris Street, or my Ex up in MA. Beyond that, I am lost. I worry about my Dog. He is way too good, to go back to the Shelter for a random owner.

• Options
    WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

Many will get caught short of pet food and supplies - a dog can eat people food for awhile but other critters cannot.

Mike

We normally go thru 3 bags in almost 2 months.  When this BS started I ordered 3 additional for a total of 5 at the house.  I’ll order another 3 when we go thru 2 here.  With 3 in storage it’ll give me time to locate more if need be.
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Options

To all those that are looking out for their "Best Friend's," I salute you.

• Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭✭
    I have what is probably a months supply Diamond lamb and Rice.  I am planning on picking up a 40 pound bag tomorrow  so should be good for about 90 days.
  • Options
    edited March 2020

Liking the Diamond Natural brand, from what i have researched.

Best buy, for the $$.

If others have dissenting opinions, I would be welcome to entertain them.

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,095 ✭✭✭✭
    Best get a bag of kibble for yourself.
  • Options
    randomnutrandomnut Member Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

Diamond is good food. I use Purina Pro Plan Sport. We won't go hungry here

Out hunting morels Saturday. Brutus thought we should try morels in bacon grease instead of butter.

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,206 ✭✭✭✭
    I keep reading things like "The shelves are bare so when I see something, I buy it all."

Irony:  it's not just how the well water tastes.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭

Mike

You can find more bread then you can find pet food around here.
  • Options

Check out some Farm supply stores Armalite. The ones around here, are the ones the carry Diamond Naturals. (30# for apprx. $33.) Good food. Quality ingredients.

Tractor Supply is another good source. Their "4 Health" food is also top notch.

• Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    Found out today one of the local Progressive Poverty Agencies moved a transient with Covid symptoms into an Apt building they manage.  Well isn't that nice of them.
  • Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    Morels, did someone say Morels.  Couple more weeks and it will be Morels, branch lettuce, and fresh caught trout. Food for the gods. Just go easy on the morels, one can eat too much of a good thing. Butter for the morels and bacon grease to kill the lettuce.
    Some mix ramps into the equation but not me, I stick with little green onions. Yum, Yum, Yum.