In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Things I'd Never Have Guessed, 3 Months Ago, that I'm Doing Now......What are Yours?

FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
I'll kick it off. If you asked me 3 months ago, I would never have guessed that today I would be........using my 8 FT offshore gaff hook to snag Amazon packages off the front porch and drag them to their 48-hour quarantine spot in the garage. Hahaha!

So fess up......what are your new "never would have guessed" activities?

Frog

Comments

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭
     shaking my head in disbelieve .......
      states and cities "shutting down" the government ordering people to stay home  
     and not sure what to think of a virus that has shut down the world for the most part that the flu is more deadly than 
      the liberals mad because they can not get a gun delivered like a pizza  ( well that's funny actually ) 
     and latest  I head today Florida telling the cruse ship  loaded with sick and dead and some Ok .. sorry about your luck but your not stopping here  we do not want you .. 
      oh and thinking do I have enough TP    and spam .. guns and ammo I am good    :)

• Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭✭
    That elderly relatives wouldn't be calling me every day with some inane excuse to have me come over.
    That I would put friends on a 10 day no contact because their adult children came to stay with them.
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    Still sitting at home trying to recover from hip replacement surgery.
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭

It will be a bug

• Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

My 8 mile commute is a 10 minutes.

I work on the 6th floor of an office building and there are only 3 of us on the floor where maybe there were around 40 before.

They sent home our rent-a-cops and are paying the sheriffs OT to take care of our security. It is really creepy, empty parking lot, lights out on the 1st floor of the building in the morning and the place is crawling with police.

I am kinda lonely without all my kids sports activities & shooting matches.

• Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited March 2020
    Well, we're now homeschooling twin 1st graders, staying home, not venturing out much, and no plans to visit family. 

The biggest thing that I never guessed I'd be doing now, is helping my wife (RN) with decontamination after she gets home from 12hrs of direct care of COVID19 patients. This virus is no joke, you don't want to catch it, especially if you have underlying medical conditions. 
  • Options
    chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭
    Not just three months ago, not ever, would I have guessed I would be raising a heifer longhorn.

Yesterday evening I thought I saw a car going at a good clip on the semi private road next to her pasture. She was doing her best to catch up. When the mesquite thinned out I could see it was a animal. When I glassed it I thought it was a goat. I called my neighbor and told him I thought one of his goats got out. Soon he called back and asked where in that area I thought I saw the goat. I drove closer and glassed the area again and discovered the goat was a antelope. I never thought I would own a cow. I never thought I would see a antelope in a populated area (populated for antelopes). AND I never thought I would see a cow chase a antelope.
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,351 ******
    Three months ago, if I saw someone walking into the bank wearing a mask, I'd...…….:# :o 

Today, not so much.     
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    I have found the afternoon nap has taken on a great urgency and importance.  Food is no issue, milk will be by the end of the week.  I called the local booze store and thank God above they are open 9-7 so if I get a hankerin' fer some I can go get a bottle or five.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    It's been pretty normal for us except the quarantine time will be extended this year. Since we retired 5 years ago we go into a semi-quarantine period (no restaurants or crowded areas) every year from the first notice that the flu bug is on the rise, normally sometime in December until it passes, usually by the end of March to the first of April in this area in GA. Looks like it'll be extended until about June this year. 

I stay busy working on hobbies and I've also loaded enough ammo to keep the US Army supplied for a couple of months during a medium sized skirmish.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Drinking mixed drinks more than I was before
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,190 ✭✭✭✭
    Spending hours every day on the internet, reading a lot, staying in my pajamas until mid-morning, playing golf alone, afternoon naps, cocktail hour, doing a little bird watching, waiting for the crappie to start biting.

Oh...wait. I'm retired. None of that has changed for 13 years!
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    gartmangartman Member Posts: 660 ✭✭✭
    Reading Gunbroker Forums and adding my 2 cents worth.