In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

got bored so pulled the boat out.......

hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2020 in General Discussion
  got small 8ft jon boat, one of the plastic basstracker 2man pontoon type boats.  haven't had it out of the building in about 3 years,so pulled it out and put the new sticker on it, had to go to DMV few weeks back for it. wife wanted to go fishing so put battery on the charger and loaded everything up in truck got few poles down, no one have used but the grandkids the last few years, and headed out to the local lake. 
  the wind was terrible almost blowed us backwards with the trolling motor going full blast, wife got a few casts in but I spent most of time fighting the wind didn't get a full lap in the boat as we came around one point the boat actually did go backwards, looked down and the motor was barely turning, turned around and headed for the dock, the only thing to save us wind was helping the whole way.  no way we could have rowed against the wind, so today will have to look for new battery, got back and the pole the wife used was the only one that would cast kids tangled the rest up so bad it stripped/wore out the gears, tore 2 apart and no fixing them, so in trash they go guess will be getting a few new reels along with the battery today, bought these cheap poles and reels for grandkids to use, oh well it beat sittin around the house for a change, it supprised me how many folks were out around the lake walking and fishing, guess I wasn't the only one bored yesterday........

Comments

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Lot of folks on the lake here. 

Crappie are in 2' of water.  I went out fishing this weekend and caught a few.  I am going Golfing Thursday.

My wife is working from home and driving me and the dogs crazy(we have to be quiet).
    RLTW

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    SC governor just shut down the public boat ramps.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    Why?
    What possible justification could there be?  
    McMaster is not unique in his approach.  It seems the hunger for power over every aspect of our daily lives is very tempting for members of both parties.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

That is just stupid.
    RLTW

• Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Just the opposite here, bank fishing is prohibited but boat fishing is allowed and landings are open ??......Landing are where people tend to congregate............I think that is totally STUPID.....and I own a boat. 

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Well I reckon a bunch of folks were on a pontoon boat. Not far enough apart for social distancing and everyone gets punished. Most likely will just go fish off a boat ramp or along the banks.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    Is it OK to ride together in the same truck, but no OK to then go onto a boat?

No doubt some nanny-state whiner saw someone enjoying themselves, made a bunch of phone calls, and now feels like the new Paul Revere.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele