In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Maybe to many western movies growing up

savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,455 ✭✭✭✭
I would prefer the Lever guns with out the optics but if I'm going to hunt with them it is necessity.

Comments

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,379 ***** Forums Admin
    NICE!! I gotta agree, scopes ruin the look of a lever gun, but for these old eyes.....
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,953 ✭✭✭✭

"Maybe to many western movies growing up"

Is that even possible???   Nice, I like those lever guns myself.  You may be older than you think. >:)   You do have a coupla Smif's to kinda balance things out... 

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice! You seem to be lacking any Savage 99s tho. 🤔 Bob
  • Options
     Marlin 62 BobJudy said:
    I have 2  99's chambered .300 Savage and Marlin 62 in 30 carbine that didn't make the picture they're buried in the back of another safe
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
     :) ....My kind of collection, very nice !

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Is there a Winchester 71 in that fantastic assortment? Mule
  • Options
    dpmule said:
    Not yet If I make it to Tulsa next year it is one I will be looking for
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭✭
    savage170 said:
     Marlin 62 BobJudy said:
    I have 2  99's chambered .300 Savage and Marlin 62 in 30 carbine that didn't make the picture they're buried in the back of another safe
    Whew! I thought for a minute we were going to have to change your forum name. :D Bob
  • Options
    dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭✭
    savage170 said:
    dpmule said:
    Not yet If I make it to Tulsa next year it is one I will be looking for
    A close friend has a 71 Deluxe that's been in his family since new. I've held it briefly to shoulder and admire, had to quickly put it down before I drooled on it.

What scope did you put on your 1895 GG's, I've only seen them set up with EER's. Mines still a flat top, but am considering a aperture set up or ghost rings.

Mule
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you have a pretty good case of "Marlinitus"....... Very nice indeed..
  • Options

The 444 outfitter has a Weaver 1-3 v series. The GG has a low budget Bushnell on it right now that it came with. Thinking about another scope similar to the Weaver for it