In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Yesterday I Rolled the John Deere out of the shop and.....

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭
Hooked up the roller.  Mowed the yard for the first time this year....it was a nice 3 hour ride in the sunshine !!!
Then I went fishing !.....Missed a big bass (Honest !)   Caught a bunch of blue gills and enjoyed a beautiful sunset and listened to the yotes sing until about dark....

Anyone else mowing yet ???

Comments

• Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,458 ✭✭✭✭

Never stops here it has slowed down some because we're pretty dry right now

• Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭

Not yet...

I pulled the old farm all ride on mini tractor style mower last weekend and changed the oil - new spark plug - put some fuel in the tank - took the battery from its trickle charger storage space (mini optima dry cell sealed)

It has both a primary switch / key ignition and a back up secondary pull start - it fired up on the second try of turning the key in the ignition...

Ran a bit rough but it smoothed out and was humming along perfectly.

Dismounted the Lil driveway plow blade and racked it.

The local guy who resto modded it for me - who upgraded it and tuned things up is a wizard - the thing runs like a tank.

Now that I have removed the mini junior grade driveway plow it will snow soon and expect a heavy accumulations...

Mike

• Options
    LOKO383LOKO383 Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭
    I took the bucket off and arms..[2 min job].and mowed my yard 1.5 hr job and then went up the rd to my fathers place and mowed theirs for about same time..1st time this yr  
    18hp diesel works great 54" deck 

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,034 ******
    Anyone else mowing yet ???

Nope.  But we did shovel the snow out of the drive way.

• Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭
    Just told my son to get his "stuff" out of the shed so I'd have access to the JD in the next 2-3 weeks.
  • Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    got out about noon and  5' hustler  Z turn was ready for first mow....did around house and sheds getting about half ...rest not that big yet...my first work out since about last decembers med issues....nice day ..tomorrow 30+ winds forecast
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭✭
    My wife decided several years ago that I didn't have enough to do in the winter time when our grass was dormant.  Her solution??  End of September she seeds rye grass.  Why rye grass you ask??  Because rye grass likes cool weather so it grows here in South Carolina in the winter.  Not only grows, it grows FAST if we get rain.  With rain I end up mowing the yard weekly!!  Or weakly depending on the week!!

In her defense our winter grass is much more beautiful than our summer grass.  But there is something very wrong with mowing my yard all bundled up in winter clothing, which happens all to often!!
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭✭

Been mowing here for the past month

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war.....