In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What is going on here?

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
edited March 2020 in General Discussion

Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a techie but that looks pretty strange.  My first thought is a hacker playing games just to screw with our minds.  My second thought is I'm glad I loaded 5 - 30 round mags this morning!
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    dreher said:
    I'm not a techie but that looks pretty strange.  My first thought is a hacker playing games just to screw with our minds.  My second thought is I'm glad I loaded 5 - 30 round mags this morning!
    I do hope you mean that you loaded 5 more 30 round mags and not that you're just now getting around to loading any. ;)
     It does look pretty weird, Randy. Could all of those companies in that area be using some infrastructure in common, microwave repeaters or some such?

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

Sun spots at night?  The only non-conspiracy theory I can think of that makes sense is that they all decided to upgrade to 5g at the same time, which seems like a stretch of the imagination. Not notifying your customers of the upgrade is super not cool.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    Most dire. Most dire, indeed.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    GreatGuns said:
    I saw a report on the news several days ago that suggested there would be/is higher use because folks are staying at home and unless they limit customers band width, there would likely be failures in service. This was about cell phones, cable internet and satellite tv. I haven't noticed any problems as yet. Jim
    This^^^, internet overload from streaming movies. NetFlix  announced they had to reduce streaming quality to 780p.

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭

Sun spots at night?  The only non-conspiracy theory I can think of that makes sense is that they all decided to upgrade to 5g at the same time, which seems like a stretch of the imagination. Not notifying your customers of the upgrade is super not cool.
    Geosynchronous satellites are roughly 22,000 miles above the equator.  The earth is roughly 7,900 miles in diameter.

There is no reason a satellite would not be effected by the radiation from a solar flare even if the surface directly underneath it was in the dark.  

Not saying it is what happened, but as there appears to have been sunspot activity last night, it is a possibility.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Verizon increased my data usage to 15gb, "at no charge," due to increased demand of people wanting to stay informed.

Also noticed this AM, that Dish network had almost 3 times the amount of free preview channels available for the month. Mainly Cable News outlets and Premium Movie channels.

• asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭
    Where is "Ma Bell" when we need her :#
  • spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    surprised the whole cell phone system has NOT crashed..bet there is 10X usage compared to last year
  • US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭
    It is extremely important to me that I find out about cell phone issues on an internet forum.

I don't carry my cell phone anymore.  I have it.  I just don't carry it.  People are constantly emailing me and telling me my voicemail is full.  I reply to their email and tell them email is ALWAYS the best way to contact me.