In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

seems the

spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
 FREEDOM TO INFECT troops are staging bigger and bigger public gatherings.....guess some people just do not get it....they will be heart/broken if a second round of the sudden death comes along

Comments

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    So how long do you want to cower?
    This virus is with us and will stay with us.  
    No amount of isolation, self directed or government mandated, will eliminate it.  It's short history appears to show that if it exists it will be transmitted.
    There will not be a second round, rather a continuation of this round until sufficient immunity is built up in the population as a whole to slow down the spread.  That immunity cannot be built up if everyone is isolated.
    Our society cannot afford to shut down peoples' lives and stifle their freedoms when probably less than 5% of our society is vulnerable.  Protect those who are frail as best we can, but simply waiting until a surge dies down solves nothing if those that can develop immunity (assuming that is what happens) are prevented from doing so.
    A magic vaccine does not exist.  We are being told that one will not be available for at least a year, maybe longer. 
    Government cannot provide us with immunity, but we can.
    Don't know how old you are, but when I was growing up, chicken pox was purposely spread among children to immunize them for later in life.  It may be the best course of action here.  What we are doing may or may not be very effective.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    There will be a second round of deaths no doubt Something has to kill ya.  There are also cooked books on the number of China Virus deaths, the number of hospitalizations and the purported mass burial of victims.  YES!  They are cooking the books in NYC and elsewhere to keep CONTROL. 

At 62 with type 2 diabetes I am high risk for complications from China Virus.  I am also so done with not working due to a thing I have a lot of control over.  I don't have any N95 masks but I can still do my job, sell tires to customers at their place of business and REDUCE the chances of getting infected.  I will do those things when I go back to work Monday 04-20-2020 as I got recalled.
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    I agree with Don, this will be another virus which will resurface from time to time, just like the Swine Flu and the other flu viruses. Eventually a vaccine will be developed and will be added to the list of recommenced flu shots every flu season. Right now it is new and nasty, but as time goes on it will become less and less deadly- until it morphs into a new strain and the process repeats itself, as has happened throughout the history of mankind. There have been diseases like smallpox which have been completely eradicated, but that took decades to accomplish along with the expenditure of billions of dollars, and the cooperation of every government on the planet.  

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    Great news, Bruce, and good luck.
    You may have noticed a huge spike in deaths in the US a couple of days ago.  3,700+ deaths in New York have been re-classified as Covid-19 deaths with NO COVID-19 TESTING DONE, either before or after death. 

Yes the books are cooked.  Hospitals get more money for a COVID-19 Death than for other deaths, and states are angling for more money from Uncle Sam and are boosting their numbers.  I am not a big conspiracy nut, but this thing has been and continues to be overblown for a lot of reasons.  None of those reasons benefit 95%+ of Americans.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭
    I stood in Walmart and breathed deep while patting my chest,, no one noticed
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,121 ✭✭✭✭
    mac10 said:
    I stood in Walmart and breathed deep while patting my chest,, no one noticed
      cough, hack, and sneeze,  bet you get a different reaction............
  • spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    that many deaths in New York cannot be right with presidente cuomo in charge